Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

extreme static on myline-

New Poster

extreme static on myline-

For the past two or three weeks, I have experienced a lot of static on my end of the line. I can hear it, but those on the other end cannot. The static is on all lines- what can be done to correct this ?

New Poster

Re: extreme static on myline-

Some simple troubleshooting ;   Something is causing the static or 'interference' with the phone unit. usually this is a problem with cordless phones. ANY wireless device can have issues with interference, as there is so many wireless devices in our homes these days. On some older cordless phones, they have a 'channel' or frequency button ( CH, CHAN ) located on them, because whenever more than one person has a cordless phone system located to another ( ie: your next door neighbor that bought the exact same model as you ), the 'channel' button can be switched to another, & the static may go away. The more common problem is location of equipment in the actual home. if you have devices such as a cable modem, wireless router, cordless phone base, cell phone dock, or ANY device that emits phone or Internet signals too close to one another, they CAN create interference with each other. You want to move & separate every unit as far away from each other as possible, preferably at least 4-6 feet apart on everything. If this doesn't resolve issue, there may be something else wrong, & would recommend a technician to come out & check the modem and/or phone and/or wiring in home. Hope some of this helps.

Connection Expert

Re: extreme static on myline-

That sounds like a pretty good answer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon