Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

don't sign up for digital voice what ever you do!

Regular Visitor

don't sign up for digital voice what ever you do!

I ordered the "Tripleplay" package back in June.  Cable and internet are okay.  Phone service is a totally different story.  I've been told so many lies and stories, I can't even begin to describe.  I've started a blog http://comcastcluster.blogspot.com/ to warn unsuspecting consumers.  Thought I'd post it here and see how long they keep it up. Hopefully a few people researching whether to use Comcast will see and NOT use them.

Truly disgusted!
Connection Expert

Re: don't sign up for digital voice what ever you do!

stillnophone wrote:

>>don't sign up for digital voice what ever you do!

Do you really think that it is fair or accurate to give blanket advice such as that to all just because you personally have had a bad experience ?

Message Edited by EG on 08-06-2008 08:59 PM

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Connection Expert

how about some details.
if tv and internet works there may just be a small thing.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Evidently I should have been more descriptive! 

Bad experience?  I've had to have someone at my home 8 different times when a technician was to come out to correct "the problem".
4 of those were "no-shows" and no one called to say they couldn't make it (they had my mobile number).  I've stated I've called at least once a week since June and EVERY time, was given a different reason of why the phone wasn't working but that it would be working within 48 to 72 hours (yeah, right!) 

The original technician said the phone was working and left.  About 15 minutes later, my home security company called and stated they weren't receiving a signal from my security system.  The security company was able to immediately diagnos the problem (the phone line was working).  Comcast sent out a technician to fix the problem with the alarm system.  He came in with a work order to fix the phone line.  I was told to tell the technician that the connection to the security system was to be fixed before he left.  He stated, no Comcast technicians knew how to connect to an alarm system.  I was finally told to contact the security company and request they fix the problem and Comcast would pay for it.  The alarm system was corrected and I paid the bill.  I was given a damage claim number and the fellow stated, the alarm was broken by Comcast.  I asked him to please look at the time that I reported the alarm issue and that it was immediately after speaking with the security company.  I sent the bill in and have not received reimbursement yet.  I had to pay a month worth of security when it wasn't actually working because of the damage done by the technician.

When I signed up I was told that I would receive rebates that would basically eliminate the installation costs.  I received a $400+ bill; paid it, but still haven't seen any rebate or information concerning a rebate.  At this point, I'm so concerned with getting phone service, I don't care.

5 times when I called in, out of frustration of speaking to one of the call-takers who weren't of any help, I asked to speak to a supervisor to see if I could get any better excuses for the problems.  I was forced to leave a voice message every time.  I only received 1 call back and it was 2 days after I left the message.  The call-taker that I spoke with today was probably the most honest and said there was no telling when the phone service would be activated, but that it was being worked on. 

I've read a great many other blogs, posts, and message boards filled with very similar situations as mine, since all this started.  I only wish I had done more research before signing up for phone service.  My intention was not to give advice to another consumer, but to inform them of my experiences.  I chose the title to draw attention to the post.  This is the type of title I would definitely look into.

A question for you.  Do you think it is fair or accurate to be put through the ringer as I have and to pay for service that I can't or couldn't use and when I try desperately to reach out for help was basically lied to continuously?
Connection Expert

I agree that you have a legitimate issue, and you should be frustrated, but it's still you, you, you....

It is pretty rare that anyone ever posts anywhere to give kudos about how good their service is. Subscribers with issues are the most likely to post about them anywhere and everywhere.

When you think about the total number of subs, would you say it is the majority that have issues ?  

Message Edited by EG on 08-06-2008 10:12 PM

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

True.  I do blog and post about companies that provide a good service and meet other criteria.  Concerning my internet and cable service; when I've called in for help (only had to do it a couple of times), the person taking the call was extremely helpful and I asked to speak to their supervisor and gave kudos to them for their help.  Whether I'm having a problem with the company or not, if someone is legitimately trying to help, I make sure their supervisor knows about it and what an asset they are to said company.
Connection Expert

stillnophone wrote:
True.  I do blog and post about companies that provide a good service and meet other criteria.  Concerning my internet and cable service; when I've called in for help (only had to do it a couple of times), the person taking the call was extremely helpful and I asked to speak to their supervisor and gave kudos to them for their help.  Whether I'm having a problem with the company or not, if someone is legitimately trying to help, I make sure their supervisor knows about it and what an asset they are to said company.

Well that is very fair and honorable for you to do so ! Smiley Happy

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

The point is that Comcast has thousands of customers who are using CDV successfully.

Yes, there are some customers with problems. That doesn't mean it will be broken for everyone. I'll bet AT&T CallVantage has as many complaints as Comcast does.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Connection Expert

Was my point not clear ? Smiley Sad

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

your point is clear, amd your comcast defense is amicable...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/jakski/Accept-Christ-Free-PS2.gif[/IMG]
Most Valued Poster

>The original technician said the phone was working and left.  About 15 minutes later, my home security company called and stated they weren't receiving a signal from my security system.  The security company was able to immediately diagnos the problem (the phone line was working).

I have CC Dig phone and a home security system; no problem. Had the phone service for about 2 years, and recently had the security system installed. The security installer asked about my phone service and it seemed important that the security system knew my type of phone service.
Service Expert

stillnophone wrote:

I was reading your blog and you mentioned you had been a SWBell/AT&T customer.  Are you in the Jax, FL. area, perchance and use an ADT alarm system?  If so, I found this in the Help section on CDV:

*Note for Jacksonville, FL customers only: Comcast Digital Voice is compatible with most modern home alarm systems, including many alarm systems supplied by ADT.  Despite this, we understand that ADT requires customers who wish to subscribe to Comcast Digital Voice (or various other IP-enabled voice services) to purchase a wireless back-up service from ADT.  ADT charges a one-time fee plus a monthly recurring fee for this wireless back-up service.  Please be aware of this ADT practice prior to installing Comcast Digital Voice.  Please note that ADT is the only alarm company we are aware of requiring a wireless back-up0 service.

I also found this in relation to ADT alarm systems:

Can I use an ADT™ home alarm system with Comcast Digital Voice (CDV)?

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

No problems with Digital Voice Here
Contributor

"Stillnophone"  obviously used the correct header to get attention...I have been waiting, and waiting, for help...CCCarole is the only one reading my posts, and she/he doesn't have CDV, so isn't experienced in this issue---could some of you try to get me some help, please?
Connection Expert

jakski wrote:

Is your comment what is known to be as a double edged sword ??

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Cable Expert

jakski wrote:

Admirable?  Or do you really mean friendly?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Service Expert

williamharold wrote:
"Stillnophone"  obviously used the correct header to get attention...I have been waiting, and waiting, for help...CCCarole is the only one reading my posts, and she/he doesn't have CDV, so isn't experienced in this issue---could some of you try to get me some help, please?

Your best bet is to stay in the CDV forum and keep posting there, rather than posting in multiple places about your problem.  It makes it much harder for people to try to help you if you start new threads in multiple forums, or multiple threads in one forum - and is also against the forum guidelines.

And, technically, this thread SHOULD be in the CDV forum, so that's where it's going to get moved.
  Smiley Wink

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I was simply reading other posts, trying to find a solution to my problem. I'm sorry if I sidestepped the guidelines. I will go to my own Thread now.
New Poster

I have been trying to sign up on the digital voice service web site in order to manage my voice mails, etc.  Everytime I try to go there, I get an error message that states " unable to authenticate phone number" OR "Error DVC 235".  I called a CC Customer support person earlier, and she supposedly tied my new phone # with the service so that it could be authenticated.  Obviously, that didn't work.  Now, I've been on hold again with the CC service center for over 1/2 hour with no help in sight.  Is there something I'm missing here?
New Poster

This person has paid for a service and is unable to get the service paid for and promised.  Any normal, resonable person would feel the same way.  I thought this forum was for support, not to philosophize. ~ 18408 posts! wow.....
Bronze Problem Solver

Callie101 wrote:
This person [a reference to the original poster] has paid for a service and is unable to get the service paid for and promised.  Any normal, resonable person would feel the same way.  I thought this forum was for support, not to philosophize. ~ 18408 posts! wow.....

I'm sorry, but can't resist rising to the bait.  (Not to "philosophize", but if you can, I reserve an equal right to. )

Any reasonable person typically recognizes that issues will exist for some, no matter what product or service is being considered.  Those issues don't translate to a blanket avoidance warning, for most reasonable people.  (Recognizing that some will translate their frustration and disgust into a crusade of sorts.  But pardon us for not joining the crusade.)

And this reasonable person recognizes EG's post (and others in this thread) as a reasonable response to a poster that didn't actually ask for help, but posted a rant.  EG's posting history is long, with an equally long history of being helpful.

Hopefully someone from Comcast will note the OP's aggravation.  And your own issue (which would have been better posted in a thread of your own), and offer assistance.
Regular Visitor

Digital voice is internet based, seems to me that you are paying twice for a service here, one, you pay for your computer to be online and two you pay for your phone to be online through your computer, does'nt make sence to me thats why I only pay once for my computer internet service and my phone is free.
Email Expert

CDV is not Internet-based. It uses TCP/IP protocols, just like Internet-based VOIP services like Vonage, but it runs over a completely separate, Comcast-only network from the regular Internet service. This network is optimized specifically for voice transmission, while the Internet is one-size-fits-all.

And you're not paying twice for the same service. When you purchase CDV, you're paying for the service of connecting your phone calls to other phone lines. Are people who purchase Vonage also "paying twice for the service"? What you're saying is like saying that a road toll is paying twice, because you already purchased gas for the car.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Contributor

I'd like to get rid of digital voice, since I don't use it.  It makes no sense for me to do so when I have an answering machine for missed calls, and I don't have to go to my pc to check them.  When I was on the phone yesterday, I didn't hear any indication of an incoming call to put the first caller on hold, so it went to digital voice.  When I "lost" the first caller, they said they tried to call back, but two attempts went to digital voice after they kept getting a busy signal.  I had already hung up the phone, so what's up with that?

Furthermore, why can't customers choose a package that they really want and not have to pay x-tra for things like digital voice?  The same goes for all of the channels on cable that I never watch.  Personally, I don't need more than 99 channels...if I can't find something worth viewing, then it's time to shut off the TV and read a book.
New Poster

I want to thank you for posting your experience. What a nightmare. I have no desire to go through that, as I have already gone through that with other business establishments. Now I know the answer to my ambiguous question of whether we can switch to Comcast Digital Voice with our TDDs and Cap-Tel telephones, as well as our fax machines and regualr digital wireless telephones in the house. From your experience, I am not impressed with how Comcast is handling your situation and I, as a teacher who relies on communications, and my wife who works for an information technology department do not have the time, nor patience to deal with the potential nightmare. I am definitely not going to switch from Qwest to Comcast at this time--maybe in two or three years when they have all the bugs worked out in their technology and system.  Well, we dodged a bullet there!  Many Thanks to you-you did a wonderful service here.
New Poster

I agree in not using comcast as your phone service provider, horrible  after only having one day with the service. Not only my phone line is not working but our internet is out. Now we have to wait for 5 days to get service person.  The more research I done online almost every chat room is advising not to use or change to comcast phone line.
Regular Contributor

From someone who has had the service over a year and a half, it is GREAT!  We haven't had problems at all. 

Connection Expert

grayreb wrote:
I'd like to get rid of digital voice, since I don't use it.  It makes no sense for me to do so when I have an answering machine for missed calls, and I don't have to go to my pc to check them.  When I was on the phone yesterday, I didn't hear any indication of an incoming call to put the first caller on hold, so it went to digital voice.  When I "lost" the first caller, they said they tried to call back, but two attempts went to digital voice after they kept getting a busy signal.  I had already hung up the phone, so what's up with that?

Furthermore, why can't customers choose a package that they really want and not have to pay x-tra for things like digital voice?  The same goes for all of the channels on cable that I never watch.  Personally, I don't need more than 99 channels...if I can't find something worth viewing, then it's time to shut off the TV and read a book.

a little late
you can just dial *99 to get voice mail.
call waiting should work
does your phone support call waiting

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

But here's the deal; When a person does all he can do to get these people to give what you pay them for, and all you get are LIES, different excuses depending on who you speak with, no-show appointments, lost pay from work because you wait all day for these slugs, etc.,-AND it seems Rick Germano does not care, what the **bleep** recourse does one have against this HUGE monopoly called Comcast?  
Bronze Problem Solver

The power to change.  Drop all services.  Choose elsewhere. Vote with your wallet.
Frequent Visitor

Oh my god, where do I start? I guess I should start with today and work backwards. I hope my fingers can keep up and behave themselves and avoid saying how I really feel. (lots of inappropriate language)  I sit here writing to you today with only the capability to have incoming calls. Its almost 3 PM on Sunday and I have been waiting on a technician since 8 this morning.
Last week I reported 2 ongoing problems with my phone service. When I hang up, my phone does not disconnect, and rings me back. Sometimes when I dial a number, I get nothing but dead air for about 20 seconds, then I get disconnected. Last Wednesday a technician called me and said that he was treating it as a "customer education issue" and explained to me how to hang up a phone. Funny thing though, the ring back problem stopped that day and I did not change the way that I hang up the phone. The second problem was never addressed, so I called them again. I was told to keep a log of the affected numbers. After the third call that did not go through, I called back again on Friday and they said they would look into it.
Saturday afternoon I answered a call and got only dead air. I tried to use call return, but I had no dial tone then. When I told the online support people about my problem, I was told to call the 800 number. I had a few choice words and explained that that would not work, since I had no dial tone.
I just got a call saying that a tech is on the way...I will continue my story later, hopefully with a happy ending.
Frequent Visitor

Well, Its 4:50 and the technician just left. I am sorry to say that there is no happy ending yet. The tech was courteous and professional and did everything within his power to correct the problem. He agreed with my prognosis. There is not a problem in my home or area. The problem is in switching in the central office. He tried twice to get someone in the office to help him, but they just kept telling him that there was not an account with my number. Needless to say, I was not surprised that the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing. He said that they have me scheduled for their first call tomorrow morning. I work from home, and my telephone is my livelihood. Too bad for me.
Now, lets go back a few months to when I first got the triple play installed. My cable and internet never had problems until I added the phone. Suddenly, my modem lights would go out and I would lose telephone and internet. This happened several times a day for weeks. When I would call to report the problem, they would make me jump through the dummy hoops (check wiring, reset modem) and then tell me that everything seemed to be working. I would tell them "of course its working now, how else could I be talking to you?" I had 7 different technicians at my house within a week and still had the problem. After replacing my modem twice, and replacing every single piece of wiring and splitters in my home, they agreed with me that the problem was in the wiring on the street. After replacing the wiring on my street, my service worked fine except for the two small problems listed in my last post.
That pretty much brings us up to current (still no dial tone). I will be back to update tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Frequent Visitor

Eureka! I now have phone service. The technician came again this morning. This time someone in the central office was able to find my account. She pushed a button and viola...I had a dial tone.
I am very happy to have service again but....
Why did I have to go for days without service?
Why did I waste my time with their overseas service rep who could do no better than read from a script?
Why did my easily fixed problem not get resolved immediately?
If I had the choice now, I would not have gotten this service from the start.
Call me a little happier, but still bitter. I am thankful that Comcast allowed me this forum to express my views. It probably helps many people from going over the edge.
New Poster

Well, I wish I had rtead your post before having the comcast phone put in today. Thus far my experience is starting off like yours...no response as promised.
Frequent Visitor

Update:
The problems are back. The ring back started yesterday, and the dial to dead air is happening more frequently. I am afraid to report my problems. I am afraid that they will try and "fix" it, and I will wind up with no phone service at all, just like last week. For now, I will just try and live with the inconvenience and hope it does not get worse.
Bronze Problem Solver

Chris - Please send me your best contact telephone number. We have been unable to reach you on the account phone number.
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

George,
I replied several days ago with my number for my Comcast home phone service. That post was removed. I also replied directly to you today. As for further confirmation of my left hand right hand theory, you could look up my number. I do have to log on as a customer to be able to post.
Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you Chris. I have contacted the local office in your area making them aware of my involvement.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you are not contacted.
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

The saga continues.......

My phone is down again today. I am presently in chat with technical assistance. I had to input my life story just to get into chat, then the analyst made me repeat the same information just tobe able to speak to him.

The tech reset the modem and the telephone lights are steady blinking now, but still no dial tone.  The tech told me to plug a phone directly into the modem. I knew it would not work since the lights were blinking, but I did it any way. I am on hold while they think of other hoops to jump through now. After wasting some more of my time, they will have to schedule a technician to come and fix it again, but I have to wait til they get through with this process first. It's funny that I know what is going to happen before they tell me. It just shows that I have experience with Comcast service.

user chris_ has entered room

Chris(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:24:29 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
no dialtone again

analyst Michael has entered room

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:24:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Hello chris_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Michael. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:24:47 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Since your account protection is a priority to Comcast, I need to verify some information before I am able assist you.  May I have the full name, address, city, state, and zip code,(phone number the account is under).  If you need a password change please be aware that PIN maybe needed for that. The last item I will need if a techinican is needed would be a Contact number.  Thank you.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:26:27 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Can you please acknowledge that you are still at your computer? If I do not receive a response from you, I may have to close this conversation to assist another customer.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:26:52 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
i am here

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:27:49 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Could you, Please provide the information you did to enter the chat. 

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:28:19 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
what do u want to know?

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:29:23 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Name,address, phone number or account number, and a contact number if a technician is to be scheduled.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:29:34 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Thank you.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:30:16 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
I had to input all that information just to be able to talk to you

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:30:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
We do need a record of your information in the chat to insure a correct compliance of company policy. Thank you.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:31:30 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:31:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Thank you, One moment Please.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:31:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
What lights are on the phone modem, Please let me know which are steady and which are flashing.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:33:17 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
all lights are on. link light is flashing

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:33:27 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:33:29 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Are you using the existing phone jacks in the home? Or is the phone plugged directly into the modem?

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:34:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
I have not changed anything.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:35:06 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
I do understand that Chris, but are you using the existing phone jacks in your home?

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:35:54 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
I am using the same jacks that were working an hour ago.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:36:31 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
I am going to have to reset your modem, Please don't close the chat.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:36:35 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
The last time this happened, I could get incoming calls, but had no dialtone.

user chris_ has left room

analyst Michael has left room

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:38:06 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Pelase wait 30 seconds after the reset then see if you have a dial tone.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:42:20 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
the telephone lights are still blinking

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:43:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Please plug a phone directly to the modem and see if you have a dial tone.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:45:33 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
no dialtone. THE TELEPHONE LIGHTS ARE STILL BLINKING!

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:46:11 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Thank you Please standby

user chris_ has left room

analyst Michael has left room

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:52:16 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Scheduling a technician, Could I please have a contact number.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:52:50 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
you have my number

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:54:44 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:56:50 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Now that I have done everything that you asked, I would like to ask for something from you. Would you call me to see if I can get incoming calls?

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:57:24 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
One moment please.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 13:59:03 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
I will call you shortly

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:02:14 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Chris I did get you an appointment for today. now till 5 pm.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:03:29 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
ok, be sure the technician knows that my phone is not working. They will not be able to contact me first.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:04:02 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
I did ask the technician to knock on your door.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:04:13 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
thank you

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:04:24 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Is there anything else I may do for you?

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:04:36 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
did you attempt to call me?

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:05:06 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Yes It doesn't work. That is why we have a Technician scheduled.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:05:08 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
Yes It doesn't work. That is why we have a Technician scheduled.

chris_(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:05:19 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
thank you for your help

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:05:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
My pleasure Chris.

Michael(Thu Oct 23 2008 14:05:49 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time))>
If you could please, take a moment after this chat, to complete the survey. It has been my pleasure to assist you today. You can contact Comcast 7 days a week 24 hours a day, by calling 1800COMCAST or 1-800-266-2278, or here on the live chat. Have a geat day! Thank you for contacting Comcast Live chat support.
So now I wait for the technician.
Frequent Visitor

O K, my phone is back on again. It seems that they staretd the transfer a bit early. I am moving, and I arranged to have my service transferred in 2 days. I just wish they could have flipped that switch while I was online with technical support instead of having to have a technician waste time coming to my house and call in and get them to flip it.

Look for the next chapter in the ongoing saga soon!

New Poster

Did you ever get the "problem" fixed? I wonder since I've had a terrible experience with the unreliable phone service, poor service techs and even worse customer service. My phone shuts off in the middle of the night. How do I know? My home securit system is designed to go off/alarm sounds whenever the line is cut, interruting service. Waking to a screeching alarn at 1 or 2 am over and over again is no picnic. Nobody at Comcast seems to have a clue-not the 4 service techs that have been out in the last 7 weeks, not the 12 customer service reps I've spoken to either. If I could charge Comcast for the time I've spent on hold, speaking with dribbling ioiots, and witing for service calls, I'd be loaded. WORST SERVICE EVER, BEWARE!!!!!
New Poster

The total number of subscribers doesn't make a difference.  The price of cable service, particularly full digital (internet, tv, phone) is a large monthly bill.  It should be MORE reliable than the analog phone service for the price you pay.  Are you saying if only 20% of subscribers are having problems it would be worth it? I haven't signed up for digital voice yet, but seeing this thread and the rest of the problems listed in this forum have convinced me I need to do much more research before taking on what (compared to my analog phone service) appears to be very unreliable.  I have had analog service for 40 years at various addresses accross the country and cannot remember EVER having to have a service person at my home for any type of repair issue.

Digital service sounds like Windows....looks great on the surface but tons of bugs can pop out an any time.

Problem Solver

skippy_fm_tn wrote:

... I haven't signed up for digital voice yet, but seeing this thread and the rest of the problems listed in this forum have convinced me I need to do much more research before taking on what (compared to my analog phone service) appears to be very unreliable...

Skippy,

Don't let the number of problems posted in here skew your research.  Almost no one posts in here if their service is perfectly fine.

By the way, I am perfectly happy with the service I am getting, including needing someone to come to the house for a service call regarding TV signal strength.  Never had a problem with digital voice for as long as I've had it.