Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

does anybody else get feedback when the other party hangs up

Contributor

does anybody else get feedback when the other party hangs up

I've noticed that when someone hangs up before I do I get a loud high pitched feedback for a couple of seconds. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks
Regular Visitor

Re: does anybody else get feedback when the other party hangs up

Yes, I thought that my phone was being tapped.  When I pick up to dial out, I get a click on my line.  I am glad to know that I am not alone.
Contributor

Comcast actually called me after reading this post which impressed me. The techs is coming out today and the problem might be that my Linksys wireless router is too close to the modem. Will keep you posted

BTW. I noticed that it also does it sometimes when I pickup to call out also.

Message Edited by dman on 08-18-2007 06:49 AM
Regular Contributor

Hi dman,

I’m glad we had a chance to talk, and I apologize that a service technician might be needed to fix the problem. However, it’s just possible that the problem itself might revolve around your wireless router. Correcting the problem could then be as easy as relocating your router around 5 to 10 feet away from your eMTA. Oftentimes, this works. If not, we\'ll need to have the technician troubleshoot the issue.

Everyone, please remember to contact us to report any issues that you\'re having with your service.

Thanks for posting!

Jim

Contributor

Jim

I'll move the router if the problem gets on my nerves enough. The tech did change a couple things around that needed correcting pertaining to the signal and problems I was having with On demand.

BTW. The tech was nothing but professional and he knew what he was doing.

Thanks again