Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

dial tone

Regular Visitor

dial tone

I have the triple play and the computer and tv are working fine but I have no dial tone. I have changed phones,changed cables,turned off power and have plugged and replugged with no luck. I have an ARRIS box with 8 green lights on,7 are solid but the 4th light (Link) is blinking . Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
New Poster

Re: dial tone

same problem, if it is a seperate jack you may have the same problem as me. I was told there is a 19.95 charge for each jack to be activated. If it is the one hooked up to the modem people are saying to reset the modem using a pointed object on the back of the modem.
Regular Visitor

Re: dial tone

Try plugging a phone directly into the back of the modem.  Make sure the phone line is plugged into the jack marked tel 1/2 and not the tel 2 jack.  The first jack is the only one that will give you dialtone.  You can also try resetting the modem by taking the tip of a pen and sticking into the small hole on the back of the modem marked reset.  Your lights are acting normal.  The link light will flash when there is connectivity with your computer.  Your Tel 1 light should flash when your phone is off the hook if things are working properly.  If you cannot get dial tone after plugging the phone directly into phone jack 1 on the modem and resetting it then you should call to set up an appointment for a tech to take a look at it.