Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

dead air delay after phone is picked up

Contributor

dead air delay after phone is picked up

There is a 2  to 3 second dead air delay after call is picked up. Tried different phone with the same results. Only affecting inbound calls, outbound has no problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Service Expert

Re: dead air delay after phone is picked up

burnsieboy wrote:

There is a 2  to 3 second dead air delay after call is picked up. Tried different phone with the same results. Only affecting inbound calls, outbound has no problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Try rebooting the device by pullng the power cord out of the outlet.   If so equipped, also remove the battery.... let sit 10 seconds and then install battery/plug power cord back in,   If this does not fix the issue, call into Comcast and register a trouble ticket for your issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Having the same issue here, except I can't call out either. Dead air for 2 to 3 seconds, then get a dial tone. Dial a number, and rings, but can't connect, or hear party on line after connected.

Gold Problem Solver

Jsthvnf1 wrote: ... Dial a number, and rings, but can't connect, or hear party on line after connected.

Try the advice given above. If you can't get it working contact them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. If they can't fix the problem remotely insist that they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.xfinity.com/spp/, about $5/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast phone modem or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Comcast does not usually respond to problems with phone service here in the forums.

Contributor

Thanks you're your help.....resetting the AC and cycling the batt worked.