Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

cordless phone verses wall jack

New Poster

cordless phone verses wall jack

I have a cordless phone system beside my computer. That works fine after getting triple play installed. My upstairs phone plugged into wall jack no longer works. What do I do.

Cable Expert

Re: cordless phone verses wall jack

The Comcast installer didn't ask you about tieing your inside wiring with your Comcast eMTA phone adapter?

Now what you need is to connect the eMTA L1/L2 jack into your existing phone inside wiring in the home by taking a phone cord and plugging from the L1/L2 jack to a wall phone jack in the same room as the eMTA.

If there is no jack in the same room, then you will need to hire someone locally to add a jack in that room and tie it to your existing inside wiring, or if possible move the eMTA to a room with a phone jack.  Another option is to run a new phone line from the eMTA out to the dmarc box on the side of the house.to tie it to the existing inside wiring.

In any case, you must make sure your inside wiring is disconnected at the local phone co's at the demarc box on the side of  the house so it doesn't backfeed out into the telco's plant.

If you told the Comcast installer that the house inside wiring was to be tied to the Comcast equipment because you had other phones in the house, then please share what was said.  Or was the installer told to just connect it to the cordless phone because that is what is used in the home.

Or did it used to work with other phones in the house, and now has quit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon