Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

comcast voice/telephone

New Poster

comcast voice/telephone

I recently upgraded to the X1, first question, every night my TV tells me to reset box for updates,, is this suppose to do that?

More important, question 2: my phones do not ring, it started today. I can call out and when someone calls me I still get the name and number on my TV screen but phone does not ring. I have 3 phones and none of them ring. I called comcast and the agent said he never came across this problem before.I tried resetting modum but to no avail. I NEED HELP PLEASE

Administrator
Administrator

Re: comcast voice/telephone

countfleet wrote:

I recently upgraded to the X1, first question, every night my TV tells me to reset box for updates,, is this suppose to do that?

More important, question 2: my phones do not ring, it started today. I can call out and when someone calls me I still get the name and number on my TV screen but phone does not ring. I have 3 phones and none of them ring. I called comcast and the agent said he never came across this problem before.I tried resetting modum but to no avail. I NEED HELP PLEASE

It is normal for the box to require an update if you just got them. As far as the phone, have you tried connecting a phone directly into line one in back of the modem? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon