Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

clearing calls for voice mail and texts

New Poster

clearing calls for voice mail and texts

I can not delete calls or get my voicemail clear on my computer, what do I do?

New Poster

Re: clearing calls for voice mail and texts

We are having the same problem. 

New Poster

Yup. We are having the same problem. And even though I get into 'Voice' and look at things, the annoying 'new voicemail' remains on every phone handset.

New Poster

Having the same problem, can not clear the calls for voice mail,  comcast had this option before, why change?

New Poster

cannot clear voice mail and delete them and the pesty red flashing lite in my phone.   HELP!! ever tried talking to the chat room? its a joke. give me someone real and in US to try

Frequent Visitor

Today is 9/27 and i cannot clear my "missed calls" online.  Anyone at Comcast reading this?  Please advise.

Also, i had a message left at 4:21 that did not show up on my online 'missed' until about 6:15pm.  

I am in Shelton (near Olympia) Washington.

Pat Carter

Patsy
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.

New Poster

Same problem tired of light blinking get with it comcast

New Poster

Having same issue. Get notice of a voicemail. Go to Xfinity voice, digital message is available for viewing but voice message itself is not.  Also, voice message function is no longer available.

New Poster

To all having this problem-

Access your voicemail by dialing *99 from your home telephone. Follow the voice prompts and listen to your voicemail, then delete them following the voice prompts. I hope this helps!

New Poster

Can't clear voice mail.  How do I correct?

New Poster

Thank You,  dialing *99 and deleting the messages after prompts,  worked! Only, I wished did not have to listen to the messages/or no messages until the end,  pressing 7 does not allow you  to delete the message  before it ends!  Still , missing

the option to check messages ONLINE from long distance or overseas.

New Poster

i agree, sooooooooooooo anoying

New Poster

cannot clear voice messages

Gold Problem Solver

ez4paws wrote: ... I wished did not have to listen to the messages/or no messages until the end ...

Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/voicemail-menu-options/ or download a Voice User Guide at https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/download-user-guides-for-digital-voice/.

Message playback skip/delete:

3 = skip ahead 10 seconds
  33 = skip to end of message
    # = skip entire message
  77 = delete message while playing

New Poster

Thank You BruceW, it worked

Official Employee

Hi,

We are aware of the issue, and working on it. It should be resolved by tomorrow I believe.

This affects Xfinity Connect  and XC mobile app, so telephone should work fine.

Thank you for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Same issue, I have spent far too much time online trying to resolve the continous blinking light on my phone for a voice mail message I can not clear. 

New Poster

we just had our telephone ported to comcast.  This mailbox has over 100 meesages in it. How can I clear all messages at once?

'77'  is faster than having to listen to the entire massage and pressing 7, but it would be nice to clear all the old messages with the push of one button, especially since the messages don't belong to us.

New Poster

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. MY THREE PHONES KEPT SAYING THAT I HAD NEW VOICE  MAIL  MESSAGE, BUT WHEN CHECKED MY MAILBOX THERE WAS NO NEW MESSAGE.  I TRIED EVERYTHING TO CLEAR THE MESSAGE. DISCONNECTED THE PHONES FROM THE POWER SOURCE FOR A WHILE.I ALSO DISCONNECTED THE PHONE LINE.  THIS WOULD CLEAR THE MESSAGE BUT IT WOULD COME BACK AFTER  A PERIOD OF TIME. I CALLED COMCAST AND THEY TOLD ME TO DO  THE SAME THING THAT I HAD DONE, SO THEY WERE NO HELP. I HAD GIVEN UP HOPE ON THIS PROBLEM TILL I RECEIVED A NEW VOICE MAIL MESSAGE FROM SOMEONE, AND THEN EVERYTHING CLEARED  UP ON  ALL THREE OF MY PHONES

New Poster

how to clear calls from the call log!

New Poster

Thank You RV_47!    We had Vonage before and if you deleted your messages but didn't  press 'star' to exit the message system,  voicemail light kept blinking. If you made sure to press 'star' to exit the system, the voicemail blinking light would go away.  I have pressed 'star' several times to exit the comcast voicemail system but my light continues to blink.

I will patiently wait for a new message, hoping that works for our phones too!