Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

can't receive or make calls

New Poster

can't receive or make calls

my phone has been out since Sunday I cannot receive or make calls I check the connection on the modemlight is just blinking off and on change the cord on the phone and the battery still have no phone. can somebody please tell me what is going on.
New Poster

Re: can't receive or make calls

I'm having the same problem with my phone line after connecting the new modem I was sent. I have a dial tone but can't make any calls or receive them. I was wondering how long it took for your problem to get fixed.

New Poster

can there be something done about this.

Regular Visitor

Cannot receive any incoming calls, rings twice and you get a busy signal, then disconnects.

New Poster

I have the same issue.  Installed the new xfinity modem today.  I have TV, internet (although I can't change the long password), but no phone.  Blinking light, both tel1 phone light and US/DS light.  Have reset twice and change phone cord.  I have power to the phone.  was working fine before I made the switch this evening.  has anyone called for customer support?

andreamcclenly3 wrote:
my phone has been out since Sunday I cannot receive or make calls I check the connection on the modemlight is just blinking off and on change the cord on the phone and the battery still have no phone. can somebody please tell me what is going on.

Regular Visitor

comcast had me unplug my phone line from the modem and plug it back in and my home phone started working again. it refreshes the phone line like restting the modem.