Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

calls go directly to voice mail

New Poster

calls go directly to voice mail

Our home phone does not ring.  The calls go directly to digital voice mail.  The touchstone Telephony Moden "Telephone 1" light is blinking, and the home phones say "line in use" (triple checked and all are "hung up").  I have reset system using the "reset" button on back of modem, but nothing has been resolved.
Problem Solver

Re: calls go directly to voice mail

digivoiceproble wrote:
Our home phone does not ring.  The calls go directly to digital voice mail.  The touchstone Telephony Moden "Telephone 1" light is blinking, and the home phones say "line in use" (triple checked and all are "hung up").  I have reset system using the "reset" button on back of modem, but nothing has been resolved.

I'd also unplug each of those phones from the wall jack and re-plug them in.  Apparently your system sees one of those phones as being off the hook.  If that doesn't work I'd call comcast becasue that sounds like a possible line issue

Connection Expert

Re: calls go directly to voice mail

A simple test would be to go to the back of the modem and disconnect the telephone cord that goes from the back of the modem to the walljack and plug a telephone into that same jack on the back of the modem and make a call.

If the above test works and the symptoms you have described disappear, that would indicate that either one of your phones or the house wiring is faulty making it seem as though one of your phones is off hook.

you can test each of your phones by plugging them into the back of the modem one at a time. (The jack is probably marked Line 1)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon