members

online now

discussions

calls forwarded to cell phone

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

My Comcast home phone is forwarding all calls to my cell phone which is on a different network.  Call forwarding is OFF.  I have called Comcast for help, they adjusted some settings from their end.  Calls are still coming thru.  This is irritating and disruptive.  How do I stop this? Thx. 

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 6

Xcdicl wrote:

My Comcast home phone is forwarding all calls to my cell phone which is on a different network.  Call forwarding is OFF.  I have called Comcast for help, they adjusted some settings from their end.  Calls are still coming thru.  This is irritating and disruptive.  How do I stop this? Thx. 

DId you install Xfinity Connect on your cell phone?  YOu may need to within its settings to see if it defaulted to Call Forwarding ON.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 6

All my calls are being forwarded to my cell phones. I did not do this. I have notified Comcast tech support and the calls are still going through. My life feels like it is controlled by the computer and it needs to be fixed. It is very disruptive to my life and my land line does not work at all. No dial tone on the land line and it does not work.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 6

WP-Keekers wrote:

All my calls are being forwarded to my cell phones. I did not do this. I have notified Comcast tech support and the calls are still going through. My life feels like it is controlled by the computer and it needs to be fixed. It is very disruptive to my life and my land line does not work at all. No dial tone on the land line and it does not work.

If you installed the Xfinity Connect App onto your cell phones, then the call forwarding could have gotten turned on by accident.  The way to check this within the app is with the app open to select the three horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner to open up the menu and select Settings.  Next select Call Preferences and then Call Forwarding.  If you are given an option for a number to select, select your Xfinity Voice number, otherwise if no number selection is given then it will take the app a moment to read your currently set preferences before displaying them to you.  In the listing of call forwarding preferences, if you see the Xfinity Connect Mobile App set to on you will need to select it and turn it off.  If you see your actual cell phone number set to on you will need to select it and turn it off.

If you did not install the Xfinity Connect App on your cell phones, or if you don't want to deal with its settings, then the other place you can check for your call forwarding settings is on the xfinity.comcast.net web site.  Login to the xfinity.comcast.net web site with your login. Once logged in, click on the little envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen like you would to check your email. From the page that takes you to, click on the Voice option at the top of the screen. Once the Voice page loads, in the upper right hand corner of the screen is an icon that looks like a cog, click on it. This will take you to the Voice Preferences page. When the Preferences page loads, look for the line labeled Advance Call Forwarding and click the Edit option. In the Status box of each of the phone numbers you do not want calls to your home phone to ring to just uncheck the box. These instructions were written based on the new account format, if you haven't been upgraded to that format yet hopefully they will be close enough for you to be able to get to the Voice Preferences page to make your selections on call forwarding.

Hope this helps you out.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 5 of 6

Hi WP-Keekers,  I am showing that you called in regarding your call forwarding, were the agents able to get this issue resolved for you?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 6 of 6

I didn't have xfinity connect app on my cell, so I installed and went thru the steps you noted and Hooray, my problem is fixed! Thank youSmiley Wink