Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

callers sometimes have problems hearing us

New Poster

callers sometimes have problems hearing us

We switched to Comcast several months ago. We are loving it BUT.. my problem is when calling out or receiving calls on both of the 2 lines we have, the caller on the other end cannot always hear us.  This happens hit or miss and not all the time but it is very annoying and not the service I am paying for.

Does anyone know of a solution to this?  I have already chatted on line with a tech person from Comcast last month and they walked me through a bunch of things and reset the modem and all equipment.  It was fine for a day or two and then started to act up again.  Could it be that when the installer dropped the line for the Comcast outside connection he used a barrel connector to connect new cable he supplied to existing cable into the house?  Moisture maybe getting in and effecting this?  Packet loss, etc..?  

Can anyone help with this please?  Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays.

Service Expert

Re: callers sometimes have problems hearing us

rec49 wrote:

We switched to Comcast several months ago. We are loving it BUT.. my problem is when calling out or receiving calls on both of the 2 lines we have, the caller on the other end cannot always hear us.  This happens hit or miss and not all the time but it is very annoying and not the service I am paying for.

Does anyone know of a solution to this?  I have already chatted on line with a tech person from Comcast last month and they walked me through a bunch of things and reset the modem and all equipment.  It was fine for a day or two and then started to act up again.  Could it be that when the installer dropped the line for the Comcast outside connection he used a barrel connector to connect new cable he supplied to existing cable into the house?  Moisture maybe getting in and effecting this?  Packet loss, etc..?  

Can anyone help with this please?  Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays.

To hazard a guess on the many things that could be contributing would be wrong.... your best bet is to request a Tech onsite to evaluate everything and make the necessary repairs to get your services functioning correctly.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon