Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

callers can't leave voicemail

Contributor

callers can't leave voicemail

I just found out today that callers have been unable to leave voicemail.  I have 2 phone numbers 1 of which doesn't have the voicemail option.  It's the primary phone number that is the problem.

When I call from another phone, the primary number rings 4 times & then I get an automated voice that says "hello, we/they are not available now, call another time."  Click.end.

Help!

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: callers can't leave voicemail

Since this is a voicemail problem, you will need to contact Comcast.  When you call them, you should ask them if voicemail has been added to the line in case they made a mistake when you set up the telephone lines.  They might also need to reset the voicemail service from their end.

P.S Resetting your telephone modem might help if you wanted to try something else, but it looks like you will need to call 1-800-Comcast.

New Poster

Re: callers can't leave voicemail

I'm having teh same issue since about 8am EST. I called. They reset teh modem. It still does not work. I have been told to "restassured my ticket has been bumped to teh escalation team"

In the mean time I am unable to retrieve any voice mail. I left myself a "test" voicemail using my cell to call my primary comcast number. I was seemingly able to record a voice mail but when I call to access my voicemail I am told I do not have any voice mail messages. Nor does my test message show up in my 'voice to text' service nor online at Xfinity connect.

The pleaseant but clueless tech help guy went thru the same procedure. With the same result.