Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

caller id

New Poster

caller id

My caller id keeps disappearing from the tv. I can't access the ITV menu thru the remote, and I've reset automatically once, and had an operator refresh a second time. No luck. Any suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: caller id

so I take it you had this functionality previously?  When you go to your menu do you not see ITV?  What does reset automatically mean?   Have you tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in?

Frequent Visitor

It has been my experience that when rebooting the box (unplugging and then plugging back in) will only give you back the iTV icon and menu, it does not reset the caller ID.

New Poster

So, does anyone have an answer?  My caller ID on TV disappeared also.  Have tried online chat, no one is available at  chat, apparently.

Gold Problem Solver

jondar2 wrote:

So, does anyone have an answer?  My caller ID on TV disappeared also.  Have tried online chat, no one is available at  chat, apparently.

Maybe you need to call 1-800 comcast, ahve them check your Account & schedule a Tech visit?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Cable Expert

There are two reason's to the UCID on the TV not to work. 

The firmware must be A28 on Motorola or Pace boxes, the Interactive ITV apps must successfully load when the set top box boots up.  If the Interactive menu on the set top box is missing, then power down the box, wait a minute and power it up, the Interactive menu and the caller ID app should be loaded in a few minutes.  It should show up under menu / interactive

If the ITV and caller ID app won't load or keeps disappearing, the set top box should be replaced.

If the ITV apps are loaded and the CID is not working, then it is coding issues with you specific account which any Comcast CSR should be able to rebuild the codes and correct it.  It can take 3-4 days for it to start working after work is done on the account as databases sync up.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

"If the ITV apps are loaded and the CID is not working, then it is coding issues with you specific account which any Comcast CSR should be able to rebuild the codes and correct it.  It can take 3-4 days for it to start working after work is done on the account as databases sync up."

I have been told this repeatedly, and when I relay this message to the CSR, they either have no clue to what I am talking about, or they say it is coded properly.  I am constantly given excuse after excuse, the techs say I was misinformed or that the CSR's don't know what they're doing. The techs constantly blame it on my "old wiring", but not once has the wiring on any poles been updated in my 23 years of living here.  That still doesn't explain why it always worked fine before................ever since the "new and improved" xfinity, I have noticed no improvements and even worse service, for increased prices!

Cable Expert

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your specific issue and will get the right local people involved to get it working.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

If it was wiring issues, then you would be having other issues beside just UCID.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  The On Demand doesn't work either. 

The techs blame it on the wiring, but everything else works except the caller ID and On Demand.

Cable Expert

If the On Demand doesn't work, then you have a lot more problems and it could very well be the inside wiring, or outside issues. This changes everything specific to your issues.

It's always best to share all details when you are asking for help.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have been specific in my other post- sorry I jumped in- it's just that I could sympathize with the author of this post and was experiencing similar problems. I am supposed to repost tomorrow when I have waited the 4 days for everything to reset.  I am not optimistic.

New Poster

My wiring is all new, the comcast wire is old, but everything worked until this morning.  I cannot get anyone to come on the live chat, it just says wait,

Problem Solver

Tickets have been setup to have your issue resolved.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.