Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

caller id

Regular Visitor

caller id

I am not getting caller id on x1.I read on community forum that if you have an unlisted phone number this is the problem.

I called comcast and they said this is not any problem.I called three days ago and no solution has been found yet.

I have x1 triple play.

Service Expert

Re: caller id

jjs3633 wrote:

I am not getting caller id on x1.I read on community forum that if you have an unlisted phone number this is the problem.

I called comcast and they said this is not any problem.I called three days ago and no solution has been found yet.

I have x1 triple play.

Call the X1 helpline @ 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379 and ask the CSR to ensure that the CallerID Rate Code is entered in your account.  

Go into settings>>>>Preferences>>>>Notifications>>>> XFINITY Voice: ON

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

The problem still has not been solved. I have been passed from one level person to another.My caller id is on and each teck. I talk

to says my problem should be resolved in twenty four hours. Every other possible solution has been checked by someone. The only

thing I can count on is my increasing monthley cable bill.

Service Expert

jjs3633,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee

Hi jjs3633, I did see some errors on my side that I corrected. Can you make sure Caller ID to TV is enabled on your cable box and retest? If you are still having issues I will escalate.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.