New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

caller id on PC

Regular Visitor

caller id on PC

up

Hi. we can see the caller id on our TV.. I downloaded the app to see it on my computer. I have been online asking comcast why it says authentication failed  user not active. The customer service guy think I am unable to type in my primary password correctly( which I did correctly cause if I don't it says wrong password or user name.. try again) but anyway he resets my password. How nice.. He says wait 2 hours it will work. Well guess what. It doesn't. No surprise as I told him my last password was typed in correctly.. < i see he says> I am a bit frustrated here. All i want is for comcast to authenticate me so I can use this feature. Obviously something is wrong and you can change my password a million times  and it won't change a thing

anyone have a clue? I hate to start from sscratch and call comcast again

update.......... i called comcast 2 weeks ago. They supposedly put a ticket out to fix this. Guess what? not fixed and have NOT heard one word from this. VERY UNHAPPY

Message Edited by psualum1978 on 11-21-2008 07:22 AM
New Poster

Re: caller id on PC

also have id on tv. didn't have issue getting it on pc, but only seems to work when online. won't come up when not online, but pc is on. Show's I'm signed in, but won't work. have to wait and see if they get kinks worked out. welcome to comcast lol.

good luck with getting yours going. is handy when it works.

Email Expert

With a cable modem you're always online, so I don't understand what you mean by "only seems to work when online." Do you mean it only works when you're logged into www.comcast.net?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have it on my PC and it does NOT work at all. Very disapointed.
New Poster

I works on the TV, not the PC.  What is snooze? its on the screen so fast, I cannot get to it.  It would be great if it worked on my PC.