Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

caller Id on TV.

New Poster

caller Id on TV.

My caller Id stop working on the TV. It doesnt display the name and the number on the screen. How do I get it back?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: caller Id on TV.

there was a nationwide outage two weeks ago.  If you have no unplugged your box recently you need to do that to bring the caller id back.  After you do that and the guide comes back go to your box menu and choose itv and make sure caller id is set to on.

New Poster

im a new install and there is no itv in the menue to turn on caller id       a step by step  needed    still cant turn on the caller id

Silver Problem Solver

if you click menu once it brings up the mini guide, over to the right it says itv?  If you press menu twice you should see a box called interactive tv.  If you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you.  Its only available on the motorola boxes and pace, and in limited areas with cisco SA with guide 2.0

New Poster

Thank you for the reply 

I guess mine isn't on there 

It is a scientific Atlantic explorer 8300 hd receiver....

The 1 problem I noticed is  once a day this receiver freezes   shuts of and on constantly till you do a hard reboot?

I wonder if there is a flaw  in this receiver?

Cable Expert

Scientific Atlanta 8300's are not capable of UCID on TV at this time.  Software changes would be needed for it to work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon