Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

caller ID app on PC keeps disconnecting

Frequent Visitor

caller ID app on PC keeps disconnecting

Recently the caller ID app on PC started malfunctioning.  It logs in but a few seconds later it disconnects.

I check the network health for digital voice in my area but there are no problems reported.

Cable Expert

Re: caller ID app on PC keeps disconnecting

There are two reasons for CID disconnects.  One is server side issues from Comcast, and does happen at times, but not alot.

The other reason is you are having general internet connection issues, either with your home network, or a issue with your Comcast high speed internet issue.

I'd first try to narrow it down by watching when the app disconnects, to see if you still have internet connecton.  If you lose internet, then you have other issues that should be posted in the internet connection forum for assistance.

Also make sure your Adobe Air app get updated automatically and regularly.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response.

It doesn't appear to be a general connection issue as other internet apps still work when the callerid app disconnects.  I've also tried it on multiple computers and they all have the same issue - disconnections shortly after logging in.  adobe air is up to date.

Cable Expert

I'm just going to share that if you have it on multiple computers, when one pc logs in, it will dump any other CID' on other pc's with the app running.  You can only have one pc logged in at a time, all others the CID app will get disconnected.

Mine is online alot, and never see regular trouble with the CID app other than the app crashes when the pc goes into sleep mode.  I have it only installed on one pc.

I have not seen any regular posts of the issue you are having.

I'll notify the Comcast adminstrator to look at your post, which will be early next week.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am aware of the limitation of the caller id app only being able to run on one computer at a time.

Thanks.

Retired Administrator
Moved:

Retired Administrator

ken24 wrote:

Recently the caller ID app on PC started malfunctioning.  It logs in but a few seconds later it disconnects.

I check the network health for digital voice in my area but there are no problems reported.

Are you receiving any error messages?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

It only said that I was disconnected.

The CID app has started working again today.  Was anything done to account for the CID app starting to work again?

Regular Visitor

I was having similar problems: disconnects, failed log-ins, etc. Then it strted working... for a while. Now, the application won't even load. I tlooks like it is running when I check Windows Task Manager however, nothing in the task bar or on screen. Test calls fail to open the application. I have tried removing the program along with Adobe Air and then re-install. Still nothing. it's been several days now.