Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

call logs are temporarily unavailable - 1-week now

Frequent Visitor

call logs are temporarily unavailable - 1-week now

Get this  message when I check phone message log for my various mailboxes online ...

"Sorry, call logs are temporarily unavailable.  We're working on fixing the problem."

For about a week - will sometimes pop up with content and then click out moments later to this message - what to do - need working for the week!

Regular Visitor

Re: call logs are temporarily unavailable - 1-week

Hi, I have been getting the same message for the past 3 days.  I inadvertantly deleted a message on my home machine (not comcast) and I have been desperately trying to get into my missed call log to get the phone number needed and time rec'd.

Why does it take so long for them to fix an issue like this/ we certainly pay enough for the service.

New Poster

Same problem - for a week or more.  And as for the "up to 25 blocked numbers" and I am limited to 12 BS - their resoponse is "the engineers are working to fix the problem "  Time for some new engineers!

New Poster

My call logs also are unavailable.  More problematic for me, is that my "New Voice Mail" notice will not go away.  I have NO voicemail messages,  and the notice and blinking light on both my phones blinks 24 hours a day for almost a week now.  Please advise how I can get the message to go away.  Or comcast should just fix the problem.

Tags (1)
Contributor

I need my call log to update the numbers, I don't want to receive calls from.

Also,  I can't find my list of calls to be  forwarded.  My call fowarding  and my list was deactivated by "goblins"

What happened to those lists?

When will they be available again?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Call yourself or have someone call you and leave a message, then delete that.  I had same thing, a ghost message, and when I deleted the new one the problem fixed itself.  No guarantees, this Xfinity Voice software is incredibly buggy it seems.  Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

Now ... Don't Update New Calls

So our team fixed that pesky  "Sorry, call logs are temporarily unavailable.  We're working on fixing the problem." issue for going on a day or so already and yep they do indeed load <good work guys on that error message thing> BUT now they just don't update anymore, so new calls do not log.   <net outcome pretty muich the same - rendered useless>

Regular Visitor

This has been an ongaoing issue for the past 4-5 months.  I called several times and spoke with several people regarding the problem.  I have been transfered to several IT guys that keep telling me they are working on it.  I gave up after no resolution on the problem  I decided to start checking the call log again, and after several times I once again gave up on this.  I'm not sure why Comcast is not able to fix this problem.  I loved the call logs so I can keep track of vendor numbers and block them or report them to the Do Not Call website.  Now I get calls all the time and there is nothing I can do.  I hope that this is fixed ASAP!!!

New Poster

I have the same issue on a newly provisionned second phone line.  Voicemail works correctly, but the call logs continue to be unavailable.  Worse, Comcast keeps ping-ponging me back and forth between telephone tech support and cable tech support.  I've now spent two hours on the phone to no avail. After 4 promised call backs within an hour, I've yet to receive a single call.

I'd like to know if anyone has had this issue successfully resolved and what the root cause turned out to be.  I'm half way through my 30 money-back period, and I'm seriously considering returning to Verizon.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

This was an old post from a couple months ago.  They resolved it in 3-4 days - had happened before - usually takes a gathering of us spider monkeys complaining and then it magically gets fixed.  Has been OK since the last go around <knocking on wood>.  And yeah tech support is really frustrating which is why I post here instead to get results - maybe start a new thread to see if you are alone and rally your own troops.  Problem with tech support is that we are all morons of course and probably talking to India so a script with language barriers thus goes round and around - welcome to new tech reality.  Sounds like you are still doing set-up issues.  Don't know how good-bad Verizon is - Comcast is in a merger with Time-Warner so creating a goliath and that can't be good for us munchkins.  Things like Caller ID program-AP on desktop have never worked, super buggy.  You'd think they could fix stuff like that but you'd be wrong.  Sorry but not much help.  I feel your pain.