New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

call blocking disabled

ANSWERED
New Poster

call blocking disabled

cannot get call blocking to enable (on three numbers).

Accepted Solution

Re: call blocking disabled

HapBe wrote:

I have the same problem. I have had 16 numbers blocked for many months, and the main screen always used to say 'Call blocking is enabled'.

However today, as I was about to add another number, it said 'Call blocking is disabled'. I found no place to enable it.

I called Comcast Customer Support and they assured me call blocking was in fact enabled even though it said it was not, and she verified a few of hte numbers on the list.

Is this a software error on the site? if so, it should be fixed as it is quite confusing and misleading.

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the quick reference guide here, attention to activating and deactivating Call Screening:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/phone-quick-reference-guide

ANd review the Call Screening instriuctions here ( activating and deactivating ):  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

dbc wrote:

cannot get call blocking to enable (on three numbers).

Are the 3 numbers properly formatted  xxx-xxx-xxxx ?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. I have had 16 numbers blocked for many months, and the main screen always used to say 'Call blocking is enabled'.

However today, as I was about to add another number, it said 'Call blocking is disabled'. I found no place to enable it.

I called Comcast Customer Support and they assured me call blocking was in fact enabled even though it said it was not, and she verified a few of hte numbers on the list.

Is this a software error on the site? if so, it should be fixed as it is quite confusing and misleading.

Thanks in advance.

Service Expert

HapBe wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the quick reference guide here, attention to activating and deactivating Call Screening:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/phone-quick-reference-guide

ANd review the Call Screening instriuctions here ( activating and deactivating ):  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks you for the links. After carefully reading them, I think I understand the following:

1. 'Call blocking is disabled'  on the main voice preference screen seens to mean that my own Caller ID will not be blocked when I call another number.

2. When pressing 'Edit' on the 'Call blocking' feature, I get a drop-down screen of a list of other callers that will be SCREENED (otherwise known as 'blocked') and will receive a 'Not available' message when they try to call ME, in other words, these other numbers are blocked.

Is this correct?

If so, this preference screen is very confusing, using the word 'blocking' in two very different meanings, the second one really meaning 'screening'. 

Please let me know whether I understand correctly.

Thank you.

Service Expert

HapBe wrote:

Thanks you for the links. After carefully reading them, I think I understand the following:

1. 'Call blocking is disabled'  on the main voice preference screen seens to mean that my own Caller ID will not be blocked when I call another number.

2. When pressing 'Edit' on the 'Call blocking' feature, I get a drop-down screen of a list of other callers that will be SCREENED (otherwise known as 'blocked') and will receive a 'Not available' message when they try to call ME, in other words, these other numbers are blocked.

Is this correct?

If so, this preference screen is very confusing, using the word 'blocking' in two very different meanings, the second one really meaning 'screening'. 

Please let me know whether I understand correctly.

Thank you.

I know exactly what you mean.... very confusing...

Yes, you have it right.

If you have further questions, please post back!

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon