Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

blocking unwanted calls, help please?

Frequent Visitor

blocking unwanted calls, help please?

We get hundreds of unwanted calls per week, sometimes at 5 am and others at 2am, very annoying. We have our number on the Gov Do Not Call List, have used up our measly 25 blocked calls spots, and set up Nomorobo. Oh, and had to do Comcast's own blocking because even they called me at 6am!

Why does the phone STILL have to ring 2 times for it to be "screened" or blocked? It defeats the purpose of all that work by getting woken up in the middle of the night just to listen to it ring twice and then tryng to go back to sleep knowing it wasn't an important emergency "real" call.

Not only does this make no sense to me, the actual "2 ring" rule sometimes turns into 3 rings before it's kicked over to nomorobo.

Who thought this was a good solution and does anyone else have a better way to stop these annoying calls? Thank you in advance for your help. This can't possibly be how it's supposed to work and everyone else is satisfied with the two ring thing? Help me find a solution, please.

Frequent Visitor

Re: blocking unwanted calls, help please?

You wouldn't happen to live the the Gurnee area would you?  I've been getting the same thing with the exception of the time of the calls, I'm LesThompson1 and I've just added a post "Not robo calls". 

I actually threaten to call the police on one of the numbers calling, and they finally called me and informed me that it's Comcast server that's the issue, and you are not getting calls from wierdos in the middle of the night....chances are some of the numbers you're seeing are probably people in the surrounding neighborhood and it's more than likely happening to them too.  I'd ask, and then get your compensation from Comcast, because I sure did.