Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

blocking of out of area calls.

New Poster

blocking of out of area calls.

I have a relatative that calls me from the 5l0 area code and each time she calls she has to dial "*85" first then the number.  She was told that her number is blocked on my phone but I do not see that it is blocked.  How can I eliminate that she must dial *85 first??? Your help with this matter will be appreciated.  thank you,  Jan Banducea

New Poster

Re: blocking of out of area calls.

Is there a way I can block certain calls.  I get so many requests for money from certain organizations and even though I have asked them not to call again, the call sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.  I have written down their numbers but don't know how to block them.  

New Poster

I am on hear searching for the same thing.  I ask how to block calls and it sends me to call screening.  The weird part is I have blocked calls before and need to add more but I cannot find the page.  It's probably something easy but not for me!  Good luck!

New Poster

I know how to block calls by going to my Voice Account details and clicking the Call Blocking option, BUT, it says the option is not available.  When will it be available again?

Bronze Problem Solver

*85 sends her caller id information with the call.  So you are probably blocking anonymous calls.   Unblock anonymous calls and it should get through but so will a lot of anonymous calls.

She is blocking her caller id and has to send it to get through when you block anonymous calls.

You can unblock anonymous calls here

http://prefs.connect.comcast.net/prefs/voice

You should also be able to turn on Anonymous call rejection by dialing *77 on your xfinity phone and turn it off by dialing *87 on the xfinity phone.