block a call

ANSWERED
New Poster

block a call

How do I block a number that calls

Accepted Solution

Re: block a call

ostlingd wrote:

No help at all the address you gave me got me to the same "Cannot dispay this page" that I've been running into all day..

Either they don't want us to use is anymore or the have some pretty poor programmmers..

Then you are having an  issue with your browser.....  here is the information copied and pasted for your reading here:

To Activate Call Screening
  1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
  2. Press *60.
  3. Follow the prompts to activate the feature and to add, delete or review the numbers on your list.
    • When creating your list, include the area code for local and long distance numbers.
    • To block calls from the last number that called you, press # when prompted.
To Deactivate Call Screening
  2. Press *80.
  3. When prompted, press 3 to turn the feature off.

Manage Call Screening Online

If You Have XFINITY Voice and XFINITY Internet
  1. Access XFINITY Connect and sign in.
  2. Select the Email icon.
  3. Go to the Preferences tab.
  4. Select Voice.
  5. Select Call Blocking.
  6. Enter a telephone number and click Add to block the number. To remove a block, click on the X next to an existing number.
  7. Click the check-box for Block Anonymous Calls to add Anonymous Call Rejection.
If You Have XFINITY Voice Only
  1. Access XFINITY Connect.
  2. Select the Voice & Text icon.
  3. Sign in using your XFINITY Voice telephone number and voicemail password.
  4. You will see a message about XFINITY Connect. Click Register to register your XFINITY username. This will allow you to access your Voice account through XFINITY Connect.
    • Note: If you do not click Register, you will be automatically redirected to the registration page.
  5. Go to the Preferences tab.
  6. Select Voice.
  7. Select Call Blocking.
  8. Enter a telephone number and click Add to block the number. To remove a block, click on the X next to an existing number.
  9. Click the check-box for Block Anonymous Calls to add Anonymous Call Rejection.

Call Screening Guidelines

• The following numbers cannot be added to your Call Screening list:
    • Your XFINITY Voice/home telephone number.
    • Telephone numbers beginning with area codes 900, 500, 700, or 976.
    • Telephone numbers with extension 555.
    • 911 telephone numbers.
    • 411 telephone numbers.
  • Long distance numbers may be added to your list. Enter the 10-digit number to block the number (area code + seven-digit number); do not enter a 1 at the beginning of the number.
  • Call Screening cannot be turned on unless there is at least one number on your Call Screening list.
  • Call Screening does not rely on Caller ID to operate; inbound callers who have blocked their Caller ID will still be blocked.
  • The Call Screening feature takes priority over other features such as Anonymous Call Rejection and Call Forwarding. For example:
    • If you have Anonymous Call Rejection activated, a caller from a number on your Call Screening list will receive a message stating you are not available instead of receiving a message requesting that the Caller ID information be unblocked.
    • If you have Call Forwarding activated, a caller from a number on your Call Screening list will receive a message stating you are not available, and the call will not be forwarded.
View answer in context
Service Expert

michaelj77 wrote:

How do I block a number that calls

See this link for Call Screening instructions:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No help at all the address you gave me got me to the same "Cannot dispay this page" that I've been running into all day..

Either they don't want us to use is anymore or the have some pretty poor programmmers..

Service Expert

ostlingd wrote:

Then you are having an  issue with your browser.....  here is the information copied and pasted for your reading here:

To Activate Call Screening
  2. Press *60.
  3. Follow the prompts to activate the feature and to add, delete or review the numbers on your list.
    • When creating your list, include the area code for local and long distance numbers.
    • To block calls from the last number that called you, press # when prompted.
To Deactivate Call Screening
  2. Press *80.
  3. When prompted, press 3 to turn the feature off.

Manage Call Screening Online

If You Have XFINITY Voice and XFINITY Internet
  1. Access XFINITY Connect and sign in.
  2. Select the Email icon.
  3. Go to the Preferences tab.
  4. Select Voice.
  5. Select Call Blocking.
  6. Enter a telephone number and click Add to block the number. To remove a block, click on the X next to an existing number.
  7. Click the check-box for Block Anonymous Calls to add Anonymous Call Rejection.
If You Have XFINITY Voice Only
  1. Access XFINITY Connect.
  2. Select the Voice & Text icon.
  3. Sign in using your XFINITY Voice telephone number and voicemail password.
  4. You will see a message about XFINITY Connect. Click Register to register your XFINITY username. This will allow you to access your Voice account through XFINITY Connect.
    • Note: If you do not click Register, you will be automatically redirected to the registration page.
  5. Go to the Preferences tab.
  6. Select Voice.
  7. Select Call Blocking.
  8. Enter a telephone number and click Add to block the number. To remove a block, click on the X next to an existing number.
  9. Click the check-box for Block Anonymous Calls to add Anonymous Call Rejection.

Call Screening Guidelines

• The following numbers cannot be added to your Call Screening list:
    • Your XFINITY Voice/home telephone number.
    • Telephone numbers beginning with area codes 900, 500, 700, or 976.
    • Telephone numbers with extension 555.
    • 911 telephone numbers.
    • 411 telephone numbers.
  • Long distance numbers may be added to your list. Enter the 10-digit number to block the number (area code + seven-digit number); do not enter a 1 at the beginning of the number.
  • Call Screening cannot be turned on unless there is at least one number on your Call Screening list.
  • Call Screening does not rely on Caller ID to operate; inbound callers who have blocked their Caller ID will still be blocked.
  • The Call Screening feature takes priority over other features such as Anonymous Call Rejection and Call Forwarding. For example:
    • If you have Anonymous Call Rejection activated, a caller from a number on your Call Screening list will receive a message stating you are not available instead of receiving a message requesting that the Caller ID information be unblocked.
    • If you have Call Forwarding activated, a caller from a number on your Call Screening list will receive a message stating you are not available, and the call will not be forwarded.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies