Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity destroyed alarm & phone jacks

New Poster

Xfinity destroyed alarm & phone jacks

Help!   Since Xfinity voice was installed, every phone jack in my house is dead, my alarm system is dead.  The only working phone line I have is one in the basement the tech set up, directly connected to the modem.

The email response is : we care about our customers... satisfaction guarantee... blah blah blah.

Well do something!

New Poster

Re: Xfinity destroyed alarm & phone jacks

And they had me move jacks from tel 1 to tel 2 & back, re-boot modem, stick paper clips in the hole.  So i did my share of trouble-shooting. 

New Poster

same thing with me!  i'm still waiting for service!  have you fixed your phones and alarm yet?  if so, how?

New Poster

The logical answer to this situation is simply the Comcast technician that installed your system failed to correctly connect all of the jacks/devices in your home.  Comcast SHOULD dispatch someone to correct this.

Alarm systems connections can be a little tricky/complicated. If installed correctly, the alarm system has priority so all other jacks/phones in the home are disabled while the alarm system is sending a message.  This may or may not have been configured by the alarm company when the alarm system was installed.  Comcast would only be able reconnect it the way it was originally installed.

Good Luck

New Poster

1st the phone wire has to go from the cable box to a phone jack. next you have to go our to where the phone block is outside and disconnect from att.