Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Voice service not functioning in NH

New Poster

Xfinity Voice service not functioning in NH

Presumably, other folks are seeing this too, but my voice service has been down for at least 30 minutes, perhaps longer. Dial tone is available, but all outbound calls result in a fast busy after ~30 seconds. Calling in to tech support results in a very lengthy hold time, but as I wait, any word from other folks on the issue?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Voice service not functioning in NH

Spoke to a rep, and indeed, there's an outage in the NH region and perhaps wider that's been going on since appx. 3 PM EDT. No ETR as of yet.

New Poster

having the same issue for about 45 minutes now.  on with support now.

New Poster

told me major outage.  should be resolved in the next 2-3 hours.  Doesn't help with the phone call I'm supposed to make in 10 minutes though.  

Regular Visitor

Yeah, after recycling power on my modem, I called Comcast. Apparently for entertainment purposes they sent me to the billing department, where they repeatedly asked my phone number, if I had internet, and if the TV was working... Then they transferred me to the 'hold for tech support que'...

I explained that giving customers the run-around when they are unable to send FAXes or participate in conference calls is not good business practive. They offered to connect me to the business office, presumably to sign me up for a higher rate business package! They did offer a $3 credit though...

Regular Visitor

Comcast voice service also out in mid-Florida 4:45 pm.canot call cell mphones or landlines locally or across the country.Cannor even get connected to the 1-888 comcast servie to inquire.

Frequent Visitor

Outage in southern NJ, too.

New Poster

Also out here is Mass.  Online tech chat gave me an outage number of OE017970307

Regular Visitor

Looks like voice might be coming back up 7:30pm