New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Voice now allows you to block 25 numbers

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Voice now allows you to block 25 numbers

I looked under my voice preferences today and found this -

"You can create a list of up to 25 numbers that will be told you are not presently accepting calls"

WOOO HOOO, Thanks Comcast!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Voice now allows you to block 25 numbe

It's not available to all customers yet, only customers on the newer phone system. A few of my friends who have been with Comcast fora while are still limited to 12.

Bronze Problem Solver

Mine says 25 now and I have been on Xfinity Phone for 2 years or more.  So must be rolling out to all.

New Poster

My call blocking preference page states that I can block up to 25 numbers but when I try to block more than 12 the additional numbers are not added to the list. 

New Poster

I don't understand why there is any limit to the size of this list. 

As more and more telemarketers violate the federal No Call List, I don't want to remove one offender to add a different one to my list.

So, Comcast, thanks for upping the limit to 25, but why not allow each customer to make their list as long as they want? 

Regular Visitor

I'm with you, Fluffy Squirrel.

When the limit was 12, I was constantly removing the number at the top so as to be able to add the new number at the bottom.  Up to 25 now is better than 12, but unlimited would be preferable.  Perhaps Comcast doesn't have the storage capacity.   I called and complained about a year ago or two to say that 12 was not enough.  I was told "That was it." and they couldn't - or wouldn't - change it.  Well, I guess enough other customers had the same idea that they had to do something.  I noticed the increased limit about two weeks ago.

New Poster

I've been checking every few weeks since my last post to see if I could block 25 numbers yet...checked this morning and now I can. Hopefully they'll change it to 50 (or unlimited) blocks at some point but I'm happy with the extra 13 blocks for now.

New Poster

Is Xfinity Comcast EVER going to have the option of blocking more than 25 phone numbers?

Thanks.

Sheila

Problem Solver

25?  You got to be kidding me.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/Ooma-Blocks-More-Than-1-Million-Unwanted-Ca...

Ooma has a community black list and can handle 250 personal, soon to increase.