Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Voice Phone Seemingly Always Busy

New Poster

Xfinity Voice Phone Seemingly Always Busy

Hi there.  I'm a recent Xfinity customer, just having signed up a few days ago (two, I believe).  My phone service was functional yesterday.  Today, I wake up, and the phone is giving an incessant busy signal.  It's acting as though the phone number, which we had transferred over from our old account, has been disconnected when people call in, and on the device, which I believe is an Arris tg1682g (I could be wrong), the phone line is flashing wildly like it can't quite figure out where our phone is.

We were in the process of transferring services over to a new account holder and told the good people at our local Comcast office that we wanted to retain our old number, and she acted as though there was some kerfuffle with this then murmured something about hoping that went through.

Not quite sure what to make of this.

Edit: Ugh, just realized there's a customer support board separate of this one. Sorry about this. Guess I need a move.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity Voice Phone Seemingly Always Busy

joannnewbanks,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Voice Phone Seemingly Always Busy

Hello joannnewbanks. I can assist you with your telephone issue. If you are still experiencing the busy signal, please private message me your full name, phone number, and service address so I can assist. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon