Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect iPhone app problem.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Connect iPhone app problem.

My Xfinity phone was suddenly turned off on May 17th. When my number was dialed the person calling would get "This phone number is no longer in service".  I'd had this service with Comcast for at least 2 years. After about 6 agonizing days talking to customer service I finally got someone who know what the problem was and got my issue resolved.  Problem now is my Xfinity Connect app on my iPhone will no longer ring on my cell phone when my home number is dialed. I have had no luck getting anyone in customer service who has a clue.  I also get the following message in the Voice Preference section on the Xfinity Cconnect web site under the Advanced Call Forwarding option" 

"Sorry, there was a problem retrieving your Advanced Call Forwarding settings.

Please contact Comcast Customer Care with the following message: "No SNS phone numbers configured."

I contact customer service as instructed and get the deer in the headlights response.  They want to send a tech out to look at this.  Really!!

Has anyone ever seen this before?  I  just don't have the stomach to deal with customer service again.  Any help is appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Connect iPhone app problem.

Yeah I have that same error.  Customer service is clueless about it.  Any luck getting yours fixed?

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity Connect iPhone app problem.

sevenof9 wrote:

My Xfinity phone was suddenly turned off on May 17th. When my number was dialed the person calling would get "This phone number is no longer in service".  I'd had this service with Comcast for at least 2 years. After about 6 agonizing days talking to customer service I finally got someone who know what the problem was and got my issue resolved.  Problem now is my Xfinity Connect app on my iPhone will no longer ring on my cell phone when my home number is dialed. I have had no luck getting anyone in customer service who has a clue.  I also get the following message in the Voice Preference section on the Xfinity Cconnect web site under the Advanced Call Forwarding option" 

"Sorry, there was a problem retrieving your Advanced Call Forwarding settings.

Please contact Comcast Customer Care with the following message: "No SNS phone numbers configured."

I contact customer service as instructed and get the deer in the headlights response.  They want to send a tech out to look at this.  Really!!

Has anyone ever seen this before?  I  just don't have the stomach to deal with customer service again.  Any help is appreciated.

I would try uninstalling the APP, restarting phone, clear all cache and logs, restart I-Phone again, then reinstall the APP and proceed as if this is the first time you are connecting it...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon