Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect and incoming calls not working

Regular Contributor

Xfinity Connect and incoming calls not working

This morning I was setting up Xfinity Connect on my iPAD and desktop updates.

I needed to get to the Voice Preference that showed Advanced Settings. The Comcast info said this would take around 4 to 8 minutes and possible a half hour.  The end result is I now find no one can call us without receiving a message of "you have reached a number that is no longer in service."

On my Comcast profile the Voice settings now show

1)  Readable Voice Mail Settings temporarily unavailable

2) Call Blocking temporarily unavailable

3) Checking Voicemail temporarily unavailable

I can get to the Advanced Call Forwarding, but it does not let me do anything.

I am at a total loss.  My end game was to enable NoMoRobo call application that a friend told me about that should work with Comcast on the iPAD app.

I need help!  It has been some 6 hours since attempting this, and it appears the Comcast settings I am seeing are frozen in time, like it never completed the upgrade for Voice2You and Xfinity Connect.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Connect and incoming calls not working

It has been almost 2 weeks since I have had incoming phone service.. I spent over 3 hours fighting with them and they still keep telling me I have service! Nobody has been able to contact us.. I can make out going calls and fax, but when you try and call us you get the recording "you have reached a number that is no longer in service"!!

I am at a loss, Comcast has not done anything to help, except argue with me that I have service!

They just want to make sure they get paid! Why am I paying $3.95 a month for Service Protection and they refuse to send someone out to fix it unless I pay for it?!?!?!..

I am so done with this scumbag company!! 

Back to Verizon I go..

New Poster

I got a new modem...got it set up...three times...and still no phone.  It's only been a day and a half, but they are supposed to be working on it now...I don't understand...but I hope it's up and running soon.

New Poster

I too am having this problem, my phone rings, I answer after 1 ring, and its a dead line, no sound what so ever. The incoming caller gets a message stating my mailbox if full. WRONG, i don't use their voice mail, I let my answering maching take messages.

I can call out no problem, but can't receive incoming, my "fix" is to manually reset the modem by pushing the setset button on the back, for a couple days the modem works normally, then it starts all over.

I really detest Comcast service, last week a Comcast rep stopped by to try to sell my the "security" service. I tols him about the modem problem. 2 days later at 8pm he shows up with a new modem. He tried to install it only to find the "new" modem was still registered to someone in San Jose Ca. He had to hook up my old modem. He then proceeded to set up my voice mail account, thinking that was my problem. ( rolling eyes here )  and he leaves.

He wasn't even a service tech, I didn't get any paper work , so I don't have a repair reference number to use IF I call in when this modem fails again.

In my opinion Comcast service is horrendous. The last 2 times I moved was a total nightmare, I requester "MOVING" my service to my new home only to learn they cancelled my old service and started brand new INCLUDING all the new service startup fee's. It was a total nightmare to get them to give me my original phone number and restore my originl e-mail address.

Now, frustrated beyond belief I'm thinking about cancelling Comcast completely. For now I will continue to RESET the modem every few days.

Regular Contributor

I went through the reset modem and router three time yesterday. Did not make a difference. It must have to do with loading Xfinity Connect and Voice2You. Once I had the advance forwarding screen everything I could no longer receive calls. Ialready talked to Directv today. I will give it a day or two more before canceling everything but the internet. I would love the whole house DVR anyway.
Regular Contributor

Problem solved. Comcast called and said it had to do with a routing number getting changed and not Xfinity Connect or Voice2You. Interesting that the problem started when I loaded these to apps. I don't know if I will try them again. In any event, thank you Comcast for resolving this issue.
New Poster

I have nothing on my phones...and I don't even use the voicemail.  I had to reset that little button again also because my computer would not connect....grrrrr.

New Poster

Problem solved with not having phone service.  Pay attention to the Home number.  I was told to plug it into #1 but my Home number was 02.  Talked to some really nice service people, and I asked about the numbers...and was told to try #2....It worked!!  Yay!  Thank you to Comcast...I had to dig a little but at least it is solved. 

Service Expert

Are you getting NOMoRobo to work with your COmcast VOIP service?   I had heard that regionally it will NOT work.... and with planned upgrades to the system, it will eventually not work anywhere!

walt_pittsburgh wrote:
Problem solved. Comcast called and said it had to do with a routing number getting changed and not Xfinity Connect or Voice2You. Interesting that the problem started when I loaded these to apps. I don't know if I will try them again. In any event, thank you Comcast for resolving this issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I have not tried it again after losing our incoming calling.  I may try it later this week, but I am not convinced the problem had nothing to do the Xfinity Connect and Voice2You.   I had both of these software programs loaded but did not make the last connection by putting the NoMoRobo phone number into my Comcast call forwarding selections.  Just before I was going to do this is when we found out people could not call our number.

I can tell you on my iPAD, I have the Xfinity Connect software working and Voice2You on the Comcast site.  I was getting Comcast Mail right on my iPAD, similar to if I had it on my desktop.  I could make phone calls on my iPAD, but I would no have to reload the Voice2You and try everything again, and that's what I am hesitant about.  Hope this helps a little.  I have a friend in the Pittsburgh area who does have Comcast and has NoMoRobo working OK.  He says it has eliminated almost all his ROBO calls.

Regular Contributor

Seven days later and allis fine. Will probably not try Voice2Go again. I toggled it to OFF a week ago, and the status is still showing pending. this was suppose to take 24 to 48 hours.