New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Telephone not working

Frequent Visitor

X1 Telephone not working

I have a Comcast X1 DPC3939 wireless gateway / modem

I am not getting the telephone lights on the front to work, and when plugging in a phone, it does not work.

When checking the online settings, my account is set up to go 5 rings before going to voicemail. However, when I call the home number it goes straight to voicemail.

When resettig the gateway, the telephone 1 and 2 lights will flash a few times at the end of rebooting, but then go out.

I am thinking it has something to do with the gateway settings because I have customized them.

Bridge Mode is Enabled

Ethernet is Enabled

Wifie is DISABLED

MoCA is DISABLED

I have it set up this way because I am using my own router and wireless access points and networked devices which have port forwarding, etc. I had a lot of problems before setting it up this way.

I can't find anything regarding settings for voice. Any ideas at all? Is MoCA used for voice?

Service Expert

Re: X1 Telephone not working

DrGerm wrote:

I have a Comcast X1 DPC3939 wireless gateway / modem

I am not getting the telephone lights on the front to work, and when plugging in a phone, it does not work.

When checking the online settings, my account is set up to go 5 rings before going to voicemail. However, when I call the home number it goes straight to voicemail.

When resettig the gateway, the telephone 1 and 2 lights will flash a few times at the end of rebooting, but then go out.

I am thinking it has something to do with the gateway settings because I have customized them.

Bridge Mode is Enabled

Ethernet is Enabled

Wifie is DISABLED

MoCA is DISABLED

I have it set up this way because I am using my own router and wireless access points and networked devices which have port forwarding, etc. I had a lot of problems before setting it up this way.

I can't find anything regarding settings for voice. Any ideas at all? Is MoCA used for voice?

no, MoCA is not used for Comcast voice. what did 800-comcast say after they checked out the problem?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Telephone not working

"what did 800-comcast say after they checked out the problem?"

I truly dread calling them.... nothing good has come out of any of the times I've called them