Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wrong Caller ID Name Appears on Called Phones

New Poster

Wrong Caller ID Name Appears on Called Phones

The caller ID that appears on phones that I'm calling using my Comcast phone service shows the name of the person who previously was assigned my phone number. Comcast needs to replace the old name with mine.  

New Poster

Re: Wrong Caller ID Name Appears on Called Phones

We are being deluged with calls from well meaning people who are calling us and stating that we left our telephone number and name on their caller I'd !!!!! We have not called any of these people!

This has gone on for 5 days, at least 10 calls per day!  My calls to comcast have resulted in nothing but scripted responses from y our outsourced "help". We are ready to file complaints to FCC and switch to your competitors. After many, many years with Comcast, enough is enough. You need to run a better "ship", or risk sinking. We would appreciate a call from comcast administration in the USA, if there is one.

Thank you

New Poster

When I call someone their caller ID comes up "restricted".  I would like to control when my calls are restricted by using *67.  Most of the people I call I want my correct phone number to appear on their phone.  What do I need to do to correct this?

New Poster

So basically, this 'blog' is a way for Comcast to placate their customers and pretend their concerns are being address as I have reviewed this particular subject on Call ID and repeatedly see similar issues being asked over the years and nothing being done about it. 

The best is when some individaul alleging to be with Comcast replies and states the Name displayed on the customers account is not the responsibility of Comcast.  So they basically have some inexperience bag of skin typing in random statements and have no clue what they are talking about responding.

HEY COMCAST ... .YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND YOU CAN RUN A SCRYPT TO PERIODICALLY UPDATE YOUR DATABASE National CNAM (calling name) DATABASE SO WHY AFTER ALL THIS TIME HAVE YOU NOT DONE THAT?  And why on earth do you allow your so called customer service jockeys to reply to questions they have no clue about?

New Poster

New customer.  Salesman misspelled my last name.  I calle dBILLING and they corrected it pronto but claimed need to talk to VOICE side to get name properly spelled on my outgoing Caller ID banner.  Not so easy!  Cannot find a way to contact anyone or to even submit an email asking for correctionto be made. I knew about this issue when the instalelr was here hooking everything up but he had no idea about how I could get this changes.  Has anyone any idea you can share with me?