New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wireless phone conflicts with internet?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Wireless phone conflicts with internet?

When we installed our new wireless phone, a Uniden D1680, our wireless computer no longer had access to the internet.  When we put our old landline back in, the wireless computer connected just fine. 

Could it be something else, or is it the new phone?  It's not listed on the Comcast list of incompatible phones online, and I'm not sure how to find one that would work.

Thanks for any advice!

Accepted Solution

Re: Wireless phone conflicts with internet?

laeicke wrote: The model number is DIR-655.    I'm grateful for any advice!

You can get a copy of the product manual here: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Manual/dir655_manual_150.zip

Following the same basic steps as for the Netgear router above. Log in to the router http://192.168.0.1/ (default user name "admin", default password is blank). In "Wireless Settings", turn off "Enable Auto Channel Scan", then select a "Wireless Channel" setting, Save, and see if the interference is reduced.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Wireless phones and wireless computers tend to operate in the same frequency bands and can interfere. Says here that the D1680 is a DECT 6.0 device operating on 1.9 Ghz. Most cordless phones have a "Change Channel" button -- you might try that. Place as much distance as possible between the phone base unit and your computer wireless equipment. You can also try changing the channel of the wireless router or gateway. If you're not sure how, please supply the router/gateway model number and we'll try to help.

New Poster

How the frequency can be changed in a wireless router Netgear WNR1000 that operates a 2,4Ghz and conflicts with a wireless phone Uniden operating at the 2.4 Ghz? 

Silver Problem Solver

Alcobe66 wrote:

How the frequency can be changed in a wireless router Netgear WNR1000 that operates a 2,4Ghz and conflicts with a wireless phone Uniden operating at the 2.4 Ghz? 

Hi,

Log in to your netgear, go to "wireless settings" from the list on the left and change the channel from the drop down list.

Click apply, and test the phone and wireless connection.

If you still get interference, keep changing the channel until you find one that works ok.

(the default user name is admin and the password is password ).

Regular Visitor

The model number is DIR-655.    I'm grateful for any advice!

Gold Problem Solver

laeicke wrote: The model number is DIR-655.    I'm grateful for any advice!

You can get a copy of the product manual here: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir655/Manual/dir655_manual_150.zip

Following the same basic steps as for the Netgear router above. Log in to the router http://192.168.0.1/ (default user name "admin", default password is blank). In "Wireless Settings", turn off "Enable Auto Channel Scan", then select a "Wireless Channel" setting, Save, and see if the interference is reduced.

New Poster

What about a linksys WRT160N V3?

Cable Expert

lising wrote:

What about a linksys WRT160N V3?

What are you asking about your Linksys?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My cable phone line cuts off my internet whenever I'm on it.  I think I need to change channels on the router.  I tried to login to 192.168.1.1 and can't make a connection.