New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wireless Voice Cutting Out

ANSWERED
New Poster

Wireless Voice Cutting Out

I just switched from CenturyLink 10 meg to Comcast 50 meg internet using the Comcast cable modem/router.  My wife uses Skype and Yahoo Messenger on her laptop for voice communications.  She is connected though the Comcast wireless router.  As soon as we switched to Comcast her voice comm through both programs  begin to cut out and became garble.  We had her computer thouroughly tested by a local technician but the problem still persists.  He had no problems through Skype at his shop.  Could this be a Comcast problem?

Accepted Solution

Re: Wireless Voice Cutting Out

Great call.  Reconnected my LinkSys E1000 router and everything is working fine.  Thanks for the assistance.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

This is more of a internet issue than an Xfinity Voice issue. But if you have call quality issues via any of the VOIP services, you may have poor signals to your modem. Check your connections to make sure they are tight, and check any splitters too, if any, to ensure they are tight.
Official Employee

Your levels are fine, I would get a high quality router and call in to put the gateway in bridge mode.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Great call.  Reconnected my LinkSys E1000 router and everything is working fine.  Thanks for the assistance.