Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why so many telemarketing calls with CDV?

New Poster

Why so many telemarketing calls with CDV?

Just switched to CDV last week from Verizon and have been receiving 5+ telemarketing calls per day, even though we're registered on the Do Not Call list. This is super annoying - why is this happening?

New Poster

Re: Why so many telemarketing calls with CDV?

On the same topic, why can't you block calls that say "unavailable" or "out of area?" There is no number listed. So why can't they be blocked by anonymous call blocking? The only answer I seem to get from Comcast is, "We can't do it." There doesn't ever seem to be a reason. Surely there are tech people who work for Comcast who can solve this issue. Maybe they don't want to because they are getting money from these people for telephone numbers.

Contributor

You CAN block calls that say unavailable. There is a feature called Anonymous Call Rejection. If you go to the link there is more info on how to activate/deactivate the feature.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=811e9899-69f7-4d3e-b462-4c8c6b31b398

Gold Problem Solver

thewagners98 wrote:

Just switched to CDV last week from Verizon and have been receiving 5+ telemarketing calls per day, even though we're registered on the Do Not Call list. This is super annoying - why is this happening?

You can call 1-800 comcast and request them to put you on the internal Do not Call list as well. You didn't say if these were Comcast related calls so thought I would throw that in.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Thanks - I did activate Anonymous Call Rejection. Problem is, the calls I'm getting aren't anonymous - they show the number that's calling.

Cable Expert

I gave up on CDV for this very reason. Even with the number on the do-not-call list, I got garbage phone calls all the time. You can pay Comcast to have the number unlisted, but I'm not willing to pay that fee. 

I now have Vonage and a Google number, problem solved.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Connection Expert

If you are on the Do Not Call lisst and they call you anyway, that constitutes a crime  except for some exceptions such as Political call centers and such as that.

There used to be a *XX number that you can hit to trace the offender and transmit to the authorities.

Probably in your documentation or certainly in the CDV FAQs

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Anonymous call rejection will not block calls that do not have a number. If it says not available or out of area they continue to ring through. I've had this conversation with Comcast and they say there is nothing they can do about it. I was also told a supervisor would be calling me to deal with this and, of course, no one ever  called.