Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why is porting so difficult?

New Poster

Why is porting so difficult?

I should have read these forums BEFORE attempting to bundle my phone in with cable and internet services. Long story short, we would need to keep our phone number. After 2 weeks dealing with comcast including a 3 hour visit by a technician, numerous hours on the phone with Verizon and Comcast, both companies are pointing the finger at each other. Verizon says they released the number, we have a confirmation code, Comcast says there is a hold. What can we do to get this fixed? Do I really have to report both companies to the FCC?

Also, part of our package was to get another DVR box. The tech that came to the house couldn't get it to work. When we called, the service rep told us, "just go to your local comcast store, get one from them and install it yourself, it's easier." My husband immediately asked to speak to her supervisor. When she asked why, he told her that he just asked for a service and she told him to do it himself and that was unacceptable. She seemed to take offense to this and hung up on him. REALLY?!? We pay $200+ a month to get hung up on?

I've been a loyal comcast customer for over 13 years and I have NEVER been treated so poorly.

Problem Solver

Re: Why is porting so difficult?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for your reply, however, the issue is still not fixed. Now we have a bill for phone services we are not receiving. Comcast says we have a temporary phone number which is why we are being billed. But, I don't have a pin number, voice mail, caller ID, nothing to indicate we have Comcast Voice services. They may have assigned a temporary phone number but it's not working on my end. I also have a Verizon bill and three different confirmation codes saying they have released the hold on our phone number. This doesn't seem to be getting translated back to comcast because they called last night and said my phone number still has a block on it. Also when my husband spent and hour and a half sorting through the insanely high and misquoted Comcast bill, they had no clue we never received our second dvr box which we are currently being billed. 

It is well beyond time for me to search for a new internet and television provider.

New Poster

UPDATE

I received the automated phone call letting me know I still had an appointment for the morning. So, I waited through the prompts to speak with a customer service rep to cancel the appointment. Within 3 minutes I was on the phone with a technician from the voice group. My phone number is now ported AND we're getting our DVR box in the morning when the technician comes to finish the phone hook up.

Gio, operator ID: VSI, was extremely helpful! She understood exactly what issues we were having and was able to make good on all of the problems even though they weren't phone related. Now this is the customer service I've come to expect from comcast! Well done Gio and thank you!

Now I have to figure out how to get her direct number for the future.... Smiley Happy