Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why does it seem impossible to find location to add number to block?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Why does it seem impossible to find location to add number to block?

I've been working on this way too long and keep going in circles. I am simply trying to add callers to a block calls list.
Accepted Solution

Re: Why does it seem impossible to find location to add number to block?

I've been going nuts with this, too, since Friday when we ended up on a robocall attack list.

Log in to your account.  Click the "preferences tab", then "voice".  You should see a list of your "preferences", including a line called "call blocking".  You can manually add up to 12 bad boy numbers.

Or, you can log-in, then click the "voice" tab at the top.  That will bring up a list of recent calls, which you select:  missed, answered, or placed.  It includes the numbers and time of day.  Then, the dirty little secret!  To the right you will see 3 choices of actions:  add to contacts, call forwarding, AND call screening.  Guess what:  call screening is the same as call blocking.  But here you simply check the box of any number you want to add to your blocked list, as opposed to manual entry.

The chat rep I had told me Comcast has call screening but not call blocking.  Argh!  Good luck.

View answer in context
New Poster

I've been going nuts with this, too, since Friday when we ended up on a robocall attack list.

Log in to your account.  Click the "preferences tab", then "voice".  You should see a list of your "preferences", including a line called "call blocking".  You can manually add up to 12 bad boy numbers.

Or, you can log-in, then click the "voice" tab at the top.  That will bring up a list of recent calls, which you select:  missed, answered, or placed.  It includes the numbers and time of day.  Then, the dirty little secret!  To the right you will see 3 choices of actions:  add to contacts, call forwarding, AND call screening.  Guess what:  call screening is the same as call blocking.  But here you simply check the box of any number you want to add to your blocked list, as opposed to manual entry.

The chat rep I had told me Comcast has call screening but not call blocking.  Argh!  Good luck.

New Poster

Thank you goofiness. For some weird reason this did not work. But it did point m in the right direction and today I found a screen I could finally work with.  Funny thing; after all that I find out that the company that is harrassing me has about 50 different numbers available to them, so it will be the proverbial finger in the "Dutch Flood Protection Device" (was not allowed to use the word because it is a "bad word"?) that may not be of much help... But thank you anyways!