Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why can't I keep my verizon phone number

Frequent Visitor

Why can't I keep my verizon phone number

I recently decided to switch to the triple play because of the price. I was told my number could not be ported. I don't understand why not. I have not moved. It is the same number I have had for the past 11 years since I moved into my home. I live on the border of one town and have their rate exchange. I was told this was why the number could not be ported . . . I live in one town, but my rate exchange is for the next town. Now if this is true, why was Verizon able to give me this number in the first place. Don't the rules apply for anyone who is supplying me with phone service? We also use this number for my husbands business and really do not want to use the number comcast has given us. I have yet to cancel the Verizon number or hook up the phone to comcast. When I call Comcast, I get someone in India who really isn't a technician and is just reading from their computer. I need someone to explain to me why I can't port the number. Is it because I am doing a self install? Would I have better luck getting a technician out to my house? Do I have to call Verizon myself and ask to keep the number? What is the deal? I am not getting an explanation, just an excuse. Someone please help.

Official Employee

Re: Why can't I keep my verizon phone number

You had it right its a rate center issue, nothing can be done.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Why can't I keep my verizon phone number

Do Verizon and Comcast have different rate centers? I don't understand.