Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

While on calls my service starts breaking up.

Regular Visitor

While on calls my service starts breaking up.

I purchased a new Panasonic six phone system, and it continues on the new phones.
My daughter has similar system and has no problem. How do we test to correct the problem?
Cable Expert

Re: While on calls my service starts breaking up.

You should start troubleshooting by plugging in a known good wired phone directly to the L1/L2 jack on the telephoney modem / gateway.  Give it a good test.  That will decide if it's Comcast side or interference with your wireless phone system.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having this same issue for about the past 3 weeks.  I have bought new phones but still having this issue. I also have plugged the phones directly into the modem and still get the same problem off and on.  It is only resolved when I unplug and plug the router back for power and the phone will work for about a couple of hours with no issue

ctlchuck wrote:
I purchased a new Panasonic six phone system, and it continues on the new phones.
My daughter has similar system and has no problem. How do we test to correct the problem?

Regular Contributor