Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Where can I buy a modem battery?

Frequent Visitor

Where can I buy a modem battery?

Recently had Voice installed with no battery. Call to Comcast said they no longer supply batteries and to purchase from outside vendor. I can't find anyone who sells the battery for RCA/Thompson DHG536.

Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

Problem Solver

Re: Where can I buy a modem battery?

Let me google that for you:  Google says EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-HOUR-BACKUP-BATTERY-RCA-THOMSON-DHG536-CABLE-MODEM-BRAND-NEW-NEVER-USED-/1...

more google:

comcast says they have batteries for sale

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/getting-a-new-battery

Get a new battery

If you would like to order a battery or replace a depleted battery, please call us at 1-888-972-1261. A new battery may be purchased for $35.00 plus taxes and a $5.95 shipping fee. The new battery will be sent to you and arrive in about 7-10 business days.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, cjerian. I did see the eBay listing. The price is only $11.49 w/free shipping and it may be my only option. Although, I am concerned they may be older previously installed ones removed from various modems.

Considering how many people have Xfinity one would think the batteries would be more available.

Comcast no longer supplies batteries. The webpage is outdated.

Problem Solver

Lots of people at comcast do not know what they are talking about, especially chat and phone,

maybe you can ask corporate at we_can_help  if they do batteries or not.

If the execs work harder they might adjust the balance more toward service.  Either they do or don't if they don't they need to update the web site.  Ask

happyI’m Happy to Assist!
ComcastCares (Comcast Digital Media Outreach Team) over 5 years ago
Getting Help from Comcast Fast...

Welcome to the Comcast corner of GetSatisfaction.com. We're glad to be here to listen, interact and help.

For the vast majority of our customers, your local Comcast team is the first, best resource for all your video, high speed internet and Comcast Digital Voice telephone questions.Our nationwide, toll free number, 1-800-COMCAST automatically directs your call to your nearest customer care center.

6 Ways to Contact Us
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Cust...

We are here to help, and through our 6 ways to contact us you can interact with us over the phone, email or chat. You can also ask our interactive Q&A tool to obtain answers to common questions or take part in our online help forums. Beside these great ways to contact us you can share your feedback with Rick Germano, SVP for Customer Service and his team. We are here to assist and we want to hear from you.

Besides all these great way to contact us, you can join our conversation on Twitter.

@ComcastCares - If you're a fan of www.twitter.com, you probably already know that we hang out there and regularly search for posts with "Comcast" in the text. We do it to try to proactively engage when you need us most. Ping @ComcastCares from Twitter and we'll see your 140 character message.

We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Connection Expert

FWIW, they lost a good and an innovative man when Frank Eliason left the company.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Frank has a blog where he opines on consumer customer type issues  http://www.frankeliason.com/

Frequent Visitor

RESOLVED

The Comcast rep on chat gave me a different number to call. They have a dedicated Back-up Battery Sales number 800-948-5385. The woman said it is $35 +$5.95 shipping but as a new Xfinity Voice customer they will send one to me free of charge. I guess one just needs to find the right contact/dept. All-in-all good result.

Thanks for your help.

Contributor

I bought mine online, I bought the extra capacity model for my modem to give me more backup time.  See if that is an option for your modem.

Frequent Visitor

Do you remember at which website you bought yours?

Contributor

EBay - It's the only way to fly.

Search by typing in the modem brand and model number and there should be several options for sellers. I bought a new 8 hour battery ...for an Arris modem...for $13.49 shipped.

As always with Ebay, of course be sure to buy only from sellers with the highest possible rating.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I may go to eBay for the second battery as the price seems reasonable. Although I don't lose power often, Hurricane Sandy made me rethink some things.