Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

When does voicemail activate instead of my recording device?

New Poster

When does voicemail activate instead of my recording device?

When does voicemail activate instead of my recording device? Sometimes there is a message that I have a voicemail, but my recorder is supposed to take my messages.

Official Employee

Re: When does voicemail activate instead of my recording device?

Hello 

For example, if your Comcast Voicemail is set to answer a call after 4 rings and your machine is set to 6 rings then your machine will never record that message.

All you have to do is change the ring count on your Comcast Voicemail to more than your answering machine is programmed to, that way your machine will pick up the call instead.

Here is how you do it:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/change-number-of-rings-before-calls-are-forwarded...

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help.

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: When does voicemail activate instead of my recording device?

Thank you for your response, but Comcast finally had a real human being call. She understood and answered my question. My question was, "When does voicemail take a message if the phone is connected to an answering machine." The answer was that the voicemail will kick in if one is on the phone and a call comes in which does not get answerd because one is already on the phone and ignores the interupton, or, if the phone service itself is interupted (as in a power outage). My answering machine is already set to pick up before the voicemail.