Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What's it gonna take?

New Poster

What's it gonna take?

We did not want a new phone number, there is no reason for one. I'm tired of wasting my time calling customer noservice.
Email Expert

Re: What's it gonna take?

I assume you're complaining that when you changed from another provider to CDV you got a new phone number instead of them porting your old one.

Did you have a business or residential service? Phone number porting is only available for residential lines, I believe.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: What's it gonna take?

Hello drs122775:

I’m sorry that your CDV phone service was not installed with the ported phone number that you were expecting. I checked with our Local Number Portability department, and was advised that the number you had requested was disconnected prior to your installation date. The porting process requires that a number has to be active on an account before the number can be ported; therefore, at the time of your installation the only number available was a Comcast telephone number.

If you still wish to port your previous telephone number you can, you just need to contact your previous carrier, request that they reactivate your telephone number, and then we can restart porting.

Remember the quickest way to get assistance is to contact us , or or you can contact me directly if you have any other questions.

Thanks

modmlr

Message Edited by modmlr on 09-06-2007 02:22 PM