Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What Is Invalid About The Number For Screening

Contributor

What Is Invalid About The Number For Screening

Got a call from (800) 919-2345 that looking online is "Card Services".  When I tried to add it from the Answered Calls list on the Comcast page to the Screen list by checking the box and click on Screen Calls, it said it was a invalid number.  I tried to add it manually under preferences.  Still considered invalid.  Went to the phone, dialed *60 and put it in that way, and it took it, and confirmed in the list under preferences.  What gives????

New Poster

Re: What Is Invalid About The Number For Screening

Having same problem - in fact when I did try it deleted all the numbers Ihad already put in before switching to this new format.  Hate new format.

Regular Contributor

Could you both please try to type just the numbers in to the field and see if that works.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Poster

I have tried several times to enter an 888, 866, ect number and tried entering the number in different formats but have had no luck with blocking these kinds of number using the online feature.

Regular Contributor

SallySueD, please send me the details to my inbox and I will have it investigated for you.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Gold Problem Solver

ComcastVic wrote: SallySueD, please send me the details to my inbox and I will have it investigated for you.

You need to make it clear what you mean by "send me the details to my inbox". Email? Private message? Something else? Information please!

Regular Contributor

I will need the account information and the numbers you tried placing in to get them screened. Any other relevant information will also help.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Poster

Why do you need this info.?  Wouldn't it just be easier just to tell us HOW to do it?  Use to be able to do it without a problem till you switched formats. This new format is terrible!

Regular Contributor

grandmasue413, this is essential information that we need in order to troubleshoot this kind of issues. We try and duplicate the issues on our end in order to find the root of the problem.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.