New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Weird Names Showing up on caller i.d. on TV

New Poster

Weird Names Showing up on caller i.d. on TV

Hi All,

When my family calls me, weird names show up on Caller ID on my TV.  It's my family and I am wondering if someone could have gotten into my settings and changed their names, just for the heck of it.???  I am looking on the net here to see if I can change their names, but I can't find it anywhere or if I have the option to change what is showing up???

Thanks for your help with this.

New Poster

Re: Weird Names Showing up on caller i.d. on TV

Happening to me, too. Callers have AT&T cells, old and new accounts. Per one of my mis identified callers call to AT&T about the problem, voips like Comcast use own caller id databases to which AT&T provides updates. So they blame Comcast for failing to update or using an old,wrong, database. I don't know Comcast's explanation because I don't have the patience to wait hours to chat with a representative who can't correct the problem. Good luck to you.
New Poster

Happening to me, too. Callers have AT&T cells, old and new accounts. Per one of my mis identified callers call to AT&T about the problem, voips like Comcast use own caller id databases to which AT&T provides updates. So they blame Comcast for failing to update or using an old,wrong, database. I don't know Comcast's explanation because I don't have the patience to wait hours to chat with a representative who can't correct the problem. Good luck to you.
Tags (2)
New Poster

Whenever I have an issue with a comcast service it's alway something I have to do to fix it: reset my modem, unplug everything, tighten all the screws, whatever. It's never something comcast will fix, always the customer's "fault" and up to the customer to remedy. Unplug everything connected in anyway to comcast and restart.

New Poster

Ok, thanks. I never thought about an old database. That's probably was the problem is. Thank you.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation