Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Website issues: timestamp and calls placed

Frequent Visitor

Website issues: timestamp and calls placed

I'm in California and the timestamp on all my calls is EDT.   It didn't used to be this way, and it's really frustrating.   Please change this back to reflect the time zone we are actually in, or add time zone to user settings. 

When trying to find out when I called someone, I go to  'Placed Calls' in my account.   It used to show 'To', i.e. the number or person I called.   Now that field is 'From' and shows my name all the way down.   That's beyond stupid:  of course the calls came from me.   Now I have to click on each call individually and look in the right field to see the number I called.   It's so tedious.   Please change this back!

Also - very often the voicemail in my account shows as unavailable, and recently that choice is not even showing up much of the time.   I'd imagine this is an issue tech is aware of and working on.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Website issues: timestamp and calls placed

Very strange.   Last night, things went back to normal with a PDT time stamp, and numbers I called showing up in placed calls vs my name.    Today it's back the way it was w/ EDT time stamp and 'from' instead of 'to' in placed calls.

Does anyone from Comcast comment here?   This is my first time posting on the forum.    It'd be nice to know if these are issues they're working on, or ...  ?

Service Expert

moonscape50 wrote:

Very strange.   Last night, things went back to normal with a PDT time stamp, and numbers I called showing up in placed calls vs my name.    Today it's back the way it was w/ EDT time stamp and 'from' instead of 'to' in placed calls.

Does anyone from Comcast comment here?   This is my first time posting on the forum.    It'd be nice to know if these are issues they're working on, or ...  ?

These are public forums...rarely does a RED LETTER Comcast person make an appearance.... most likely there was DB maintenance being done and these things usually replicate/fix themselves after 24 hours....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Ray.

I had spoken to someone in support about this, and he put in a ticket and also directed me to this forum.   He did check his own account to see if these issues existed in his as well or if it was a system issue/change - but he couldn't even tell me how it was supposed to be!   Not his fault, but there was no way he said to get answers to my questions.  

It's extremely frustrating not to be able to get an answer whether this is the new format, or whether they're 'working on it' or it's in transition - nobody can tell me.    That's what I don't understand and it's maddening.

It seems that someone knowledgeable about the web interface should be available to give this answer to customers vs complaints/queries going into a black hole with no information coming in the customer's direction.

I've been a Comcast customer for eons and been generally satisfied.   My opinion is changing because of this issue.   There's nobody else I do business with who can't answer questions about their web interface, and I don't understand why Comcast can't/won't.

Service Expert

moonscape50 wrote:

Thanks, Ray.

I had spoken to someone in support about this, and he put in a ticket and also directed me to this forum.   He did check his own account to see if these issues existed in his as well or if it was a system issue/change - but he couldn't even tell me how it was supposed to be!   Not his fault, but there was no way he said to get answers to my questions.  

It's extremely frustrating not to be able to get an answer whether this is the new format, or whether they're 'working on it' or it's in transition - nobody can tell me.    That's what I don't understand and it's maddening.

It seems that someone knowledgeable about the web interface should be available to give this answer to customers vs complaints/queries going into a black hole with no information coming in the customer's direction.

I've been a Comcast customer for eons and been generally satisfied.   My opinion is changing because of this issue.   There's nobody else I do business with who can't answer questions about their web interface, and I don't understand why Comcast can't/won't.

I have found that ALL of Comcast's services are in a constant state of FLUX....  there are updates/revisions/fixes/routing going on 24x7x365....  What you are experiencing is happening more and more as Comcast upgrades its infrastructure....

Good luck!

-=Ray=- 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm also having problems with "call blocking", it's not working. Lady I talked with said I could change the timestamp through my phone. I told her I didn't change it in the first place and shouldn't have to push a dozen buttons. I want them to change it back. Also problems with voicemail. Online I click the "play" button and the time goes to Zero. I do have a sound bite. Once again someone is trying to fix something that is not broke. When I pay as much as I do for a service I want all I pay for. I've started looking around for someone else. This has been going on now for 5 weeks