Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

We're sorry but your call did not go through...

New Poster

We're sorry but your call did not go through...

For two days I have been unable to get a call through to a family member in Florida.  After each dial I receive the following recorded message:

"We're sorry, but your call did not go through.  Please try your call later"

I can place local and long distance calls elsewhere.  No reason for me to believe there is a problem with family member's phone. The recorded message starts immediately after I dial the final digit of their number, without any delay.

Can anyone help me understand what is causing this issue or suggest how to get it fixed?

Thanks,

Waldo

Silver Problem Solver

Re: We're sorry but your call did not go through..

This is a user to user forum.  are you sure you have the right number?  have you tried to call on a cell phone?  there is no reason that only one number would not work that I know of, unless its a problem with that number.   If you still can't get it to work and are sure its the right number call comcast.

New Poster

Re: We're sorry but your call did not go through..

The phone call I am placing is to my father.  I have phoned him many times before using Comcast Voice. 

The phone number is correct and I dialed carefully.

While researching an answer in Comcast support I was directed to this forum.  Sorry if this is an inappropriate question.  I assumed there was a simple explanation.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Waldo-in-Vermont