Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WOW! Sounds as if CDV is not the way to go......

New Poster

WOW! Sounds as if CDV is not the way to go......

I must say that I am thinking twice about not switching to CDV, doesn't seem to be a good choice after all!! I have three neighbors that have CDV but comcast is still telling me that it's not yet available in our area. So, how did they get hooked up if it's not available in our area, my wondering mind wants to know? I have tried for about three or more months to switch over but no luck at all, they said that they would send a technical support person out and that never happened. So, if we're all having problems with comcast then why bother to call them anymore. I think it would be smart idea not to call again and be happy with what we have now. I am thinking that when we place that call to comcast god only knows who we are talking to they could be from tim buck 2 for all we know. I don't think they are close to our area so they know nothing. The last gal I spoke with was just the rudest person and she did not care about what I was askin/telling her she told me that my neighbors are a bunch of liars, now wasn't that nice of her. Oh well I wish you all good luck but I don't think I will be switching to CDV anytime soon most likely I will never switch!!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: WOW! Sounds as if CDV is not the way to go......

I've been hesitant about changing over to CDV myself. However, I've been becoming frustrated paying ATT about $60/month when I'm only making about 30 landline calls per month. Calls to cell phones, even though they're in the same area code, are charged as long distance. Being on SS Disability, I'm tired of being nickel-and-dimed to death, so I finally called Comcast today for info on CDV.

The woman on the line (Chicago area, I think her name was Valerie) was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in answering all of my questions (and I had many). I was hopeful that I would be saving more money and not have to pay an installation charge (can't have it all I guess), but even so with the $5 discount on my TV package and the cost of CDV I'll be saving about $25-30/month. I'm still not happy about having to pay a $17/mo. premium for Blast! when areas on the east coast were upgraded from 8Mbps for free, but I'm hopeful that my new phone service will be as dependable as it's been with Ma Bell all these years. The big experiment begins Saturday...
Regular Contributor

Re: WOW! Sounds as if CDV is not the way to go......

Hi micbledsoe10,

I’m sorry for your frustration, and the misinformation that you received when you contacted us. In response, I contacted your local sales department and advised them of your difficulty in obtaining CDV service. After a little research, we discovered that your address is, indeed, serviceable for CDV, and then we updated your account to reflect your serivicablity.

Again, I do apologize for problem, but if you decide to contact Comcast for CDV service, our sales department will be able to confirm your serviceability, and then schedule you for an installation, if you wish.

Thanks for Posting,

Richard