Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WORST technical support EVER!!!

New Poster

WORST technical support EVER!!!

I just got my phone service activated after the 3rd attempt with tech sup.. got a dial tone now, can make outgoing calls, but can't receive calls.. I've tried numerous times to call but my phone is not ringing.. The 5th technician now says my phone number is not registered??? She is going to have someone call me back .. Yeah, I'm sure no one is going to call me back... I can't believe I'm spending all this money on a cable/phone and I can't get the right support and instead get bounced from one tech to another.. Comcast has outsourced their calls to another country and none of them know what they're doing.. WORST service ever!! I've worked in a call center myself before for 10 years and I would never treat my customers this way.. I guess the next time I call, I'll ask for someone here in the US..

New Poster

Re: WORST technical support EVER!!!

So apparently my phone number was ported back to SureWest.. but I CAN make outgoing calls from my phone, the number WILL show up on cell phone caller ID but it doesn't belong to Comcast.. huh? Omg!! I'm laughing with frustration! So you can pay for phone service, but they can give away your phone number because it never belonged to them? Then why did you issue my the number to begin with? Comcast, what is going on with you guys? Forget it, I dont even want phone service anymore if its like this!! BEWARE!!!

New Poster

BTW, I've been working on this since last night and  it took 6 people to figure this out.. Really??? I've never ranted like this on a forum but I felt

that others out there needed to know.. Sorry

New Poster

m

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
New Poster

m

Regular Contributor

Good luck, csanti4. I had a similar problem except with 3 numbers. It took over 3 weeks to straighten out. 2 of those weeks I couldn't receive calls from outside the city limits. No one knew what the problem was aside from it having something to do with the porting. To this day, I still don't know exactly what the screw up was and who was responsible.

Customer service is severely lacking in all departments with Comcast as I've found out over the last 8 months. After my experience with them yesterday, I highly doubt I'm staying with them through the end of my 2 year commitment, especially if another high-speed internet provider comes into the area.

Frequent Visitor

I hope you do get the chance to change providers.  In our township Comcast is it.  They make a deal to be the sole provider and they only respond to problems when it's time to renew their contract.  This totally sucks when we have problems.  Good luck!

New Poster

Ditto here. Very frustrating. Every year I spend more and get less. In all my years, I've only found one man who knew what he was talking about. Wish I knew his schedule. I always research enough that usually I can fix most of it myself and then just tell them what to do on their end. I can also usually find somewhere on the site that gives conflicting info. For example, actually found where it said this new combo router doesn't work and gave them the link. Don't know why I bothered, just perverseness I guess. They certainly don't read their user forums or they would know more. Right now I'm just trying to do something simple like set up voice mail. Doesn't work from the beginning so I'm off to forums to see if user's have done the job for them again.
New Poster

I can fell for ya. Here we go. Back in August, We (my wife and I) moved back into our house that her son had been living here. I down graded the service to just internet while he was here. So after we moved in, I upgrade the service to the triple play. Now mind you, a service location was in Speedway West Side of Indy for so long and always busy. They had closed it down and I would have to go 30 minutes north or south to get equipment or UPS in. So there was no SHIPPING charge, (remember that) on the upgrade service, so I did. Equipment can fine (start of the problems), hooked it up (I'm a Tech myself) how hard can it be. 3 units HD TV unit, Phone modem and Digital Adaptor Terminal. All installed Except the HD TV unit. Called, on hold for 20 minutes. She can't find the HD TV unit in my list. What's the serial #, gave it to her, No that's not it. Gave her all the #s on the unit, those aren't it. Ask a certain name and I said yes, that's the first # I gave you. O, it must have not been scanned into you account. I'll try to push it, nope it won't take. I can send you another one in 2 days or have a Tech out in 5. Send me one and a return request for this one. 2 days nothing, 3rd day evening I call. Could you tell me where it is. There's none on order. Tell her the story, Ok that's a DVR right. Yes it's supposed to be but this one here wasn't. Ok, it will be there tomorrow no SHIPPING charge (remember). Tomorrow it's there, OK hook it up to install. It wants to install the OTHERS. OTHERS! Nope install this one. CALL AGAIN, what is the OTHERS? Don't know. 3rd person a Tech. Well your getting more equipment. WHY? Beats me, be there Monday. Sure enough 2 more boxes, 1 box with a complete new set of equipment and 1 box with return boxes. OK call again, A I need to return this duplicate equipment. Why? I didn't order it and don't need or want it. Tell story AGAIN, Ok, give me the Serial #s. Ok put into the boxes and take them to a UPS store. I did that the next day. Week later, I look at my bill. What is ALL the SHIPPING charges. Call again, Tell story, Look at bill, Remove $87plus in shipping charges. Plus I need my Caller ID changed to show my name, I'm getting collect calls for the last person who have this #. It's the bad Phone. No it's not, I call 2 different areas and it's still the same. Ok we'll fix it. Still getting calls, It's not me, I just got this #. Sure your name (not mine) can up. After 7 calls, (mad) Just Change My #. Ok they did. No more collect calls. But I call and get some where else, Wrong #. Try again, same wrong # place. Use my cell and call the place I wanted. CALL AGAIN, 1st caller ID isn't showing my name, we'll fix that. Calls aren't going to the right place. 3rd person, well your account is registered 1 place and phone is registered in an other. Ok, that should fix it and a Tech will call you about the Caller ID. 5 days later tech calls, they close at 3:30 I get home at 5. Forget the take the #. He calls again and says since I didn't call back will consider it closed. Call him back the next day while on an Hour drive. Tell him the call problem is fixed but Caller ID isn't. He checks, well it's OK on our end but the other phone systems haven't upgraded their Caller ID Data Base systems yet. Ok,I can understand that. 7 months later, ID still not showing my name. O well screw it, at least it works. Billing still isn't straight, were charging me for MY Modem. Got that straight. Still has extra equipment on my account. Got ta call again. And the saga goes on.

New Poster

After 5 attempts with various agents. I too now have a phone that can call out but no one can call in as my number is disconnected. I have had this number for 15 years and while I put my cable service on seasonal suspension I have never cancelled the service. No one is able to deal with this on their end. They all promise to call me back but only one has to date. They can't fix it and don't know how. I am fed up.