New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Vtech phone

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Vtech phone

My wife purchased a new VTech cordless phone set this past Christmas. It is very weird, when we answer the phone, you can't hear the other party. It does seem to dial out and work correctly, but only outgoing calls. Setting up the cordless to take messages, the phone rings at home, and the answering machine comes on with our pre-recorded message. On the cell phone end, it rings longer, no pickup, and terminates with a message from Comcast "The mailbox service you are trying to reach is not in service". Any troubleshooting advice? Our preference is for messages to be local... thanks.
Accepted Solution

Re: Vtech phone

Milehigh3 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, didn't work. Set Comcast VM to 9 rings, the VTech to 4... called from my cell, the VTech was playing our recorded message, but didn't pick up the line.  From the cell phone end it was still ringing, and ended in the error message in my first post. Weird... thoughts?

In this instance, you may want to call into Comcast and request that the VM feature be disabled.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Milehigh3 wrote:
My wife purchased a new VTech cordless phone set this past Christmas. It is very weird, when we answer the phone, you can't hear the other party. It does seem to dial out and work correctly, but only outgoing calls. Setting up the cordless to take messages, the phone rings at home, and the answering machine comes on with our pre-recorded message. On the cell phone end, it rings longer, no pickup, and terminates with a message from Comcast "The mailbox service you are trying to reach is not in service". Any troubleshooting advice? Our preference is for messages to be local... thanks.

Log into your account online and setup your Comcast VM to the highest number of rings possible,  Ensure then that your VTech is set up to answer at 4 rings.   This will allow the Vtech to answer the call before the Comcast VM system receives the transfer notification of the call.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply, didn't work. Set Comcast VM to 9 rings, the VTech to 4... called from my cell, the VTech was playing our recorded message, but didn't pick up the line.  From the cell phone end it was still ringing, and ended in the error message in my first post. Weird... thoughts?

Service Expert

Milehigh3 wrote:

In this instance, you may want to call into Comcast and request that the VM feature be disabled.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon