Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail via internet

Frequent Visitor

Voicemail via internet

I was originaly able to access voicemail service thru internet by clicking phone icon.  I called technical support to get a  billing error corrected, after which I had no internet serive.  I called back to restore internet service and lost phone service.  Called back to to restore phone but now I am no longer access voicemail on internet.  Get the following message when I try to sign in:

Sorry, we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again.    [Error DVC-111]                            I love xfinity but tech support is terrible as they are just reading from a screen on computer and know less than I can find out on my own.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Voicemail via internet

I'm having the same issue and no one seems to be able to fix it. I can call my phone to get the messages, but I liked having the calls transcribed and sent to my cell phone. Now I can't even get the voice mail page to load!

New Poster

Will the translation quality improve? I have many educated, clear speaking people that leave messages and the transcripts are jibberish.  You can hear clearly in the wav file, but the transcripts is almost useless.  Any improvements coming?  This was one recently:

"Hey Susan it's way(?) and I got proof. We need to change certain
paragraph first sentence should be done in seconds twelve each so I
guess(?) that's automatically dance(?) every seven seconds. I don't think I
told you that before it's my fault and I believe that. Other than(?) that I
think it's good to go and work. So(?) ... it's-craig(?) I forgot to make
that change in my truck and all. Okay. Thanks and I'm around if you wanna
give me a call to go right yet stuff. Give me a call."

Problem Solver

chantel66--

I have escalated your issues and someone will be in contact with you soon to get this resolved.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is our first release for readable Voicemail. Transcripts will not be 100% accurate, issues such as a callers accents, environment, background noise and connect type may interfere with accuracy. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Are they working to improve and put out a new release anytime in the next couple of months?

It gives me a lot of fodder to post to blogs what your transcripts say, at least that's something. I make people laugh.

Problem Solver

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Thank you for the follow up, Keisha.  I will continue to be entertained, but will be listening to wav files for now.

They are probably torn between improving your phone apps and improving this.  Best of luck with the growth!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Comcast, with a little "tweaking" from your end, my problem was corrected.

Frequent Visitor

Must be nice. I can't access the voicemail tab at home or at work. I spent an hour online with a tech last night who told me to reboot the modem. How will that fix the fact that I can't access that part of my account anywhere? It has nothing to do with my modem!

Frequent Visitor

I went through the same thing with tech support using the help number - for hours!! They even sent a tech to my home to check the modem.  It was, of course, not the problem. Try to get help here on the forum - they found and solved the problem - all I had to do was sign in again. 

Frequent Visitor

Keisha:

Someone called me from the local Comcast area but I missed the call. I called back but that was at least 24 hours ago and I haven't received a reply let alone a resolution. What gives?