New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Voicemail not sending text messages

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 4

My home phone no longer translates voice messages and texts them to my smartphone.  No changes have

been made to settings.  Xfinity x1 Pompano Beach, Florida.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 4

UPDATE:  After several days of comcast support, still not resolved.  First day, tech spent one hour on phone with me and then escalated the issue with no resolution.  Now, after second escalated tech.....I am waiting on call back from third level tech to try and figure out why its not working.  Now an hour and a half of being online/hold---still no resolution.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4

Its looking like something changed in the Voicemail/readable voicemail/forward voicemail on or about June 11th.  I see another user is experiencing the same problem that I have.  Comcast will no longer forward voice mail translations to a text email address (XXX XX XXXX@txt.att.net), it does however, forward the readable message to a regular email addresss! (XXX@comcast.net).  No one seems to know why this changed, or stopped.  All the way up to tech level 3---no answers.  Until there is an answer I have to forward the readable voicemails to my gmail account and not to my regular text messaging.  I dont want it mixed in with all my comcast emails----I want to see it NOW.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

Hi 1401drk, I'd like to help look into your readable voicemail messages. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon